03' Tahoe Build - 2 RE Audio 18s - full ICE install... And a Cummins 4bta Swap

Why would you put the port come outside the box...? If it was to get the tunning right why didn't you Just make the port hit the rear wall and do a 90° up the rear wall...?

bringing the port outside of the box allowed me to stay within the overall dimensions I had wanted to keep the box... (bringing it outside the box 4" saved me just over .5^3ft of net volume) plus it gave me room to integrate my amp rack on the rear of the box and when its all finished, it will be covered and flush...

basically... it just worked out nicer in the overall design.. and it will probably make more sence once the cover plates and amp rack are in place along with the rear battery bank.

-Chris

03' Black Z71 Tahoe
3" Lift / 315/70/R17 Goodyear Duratracs
Eclipse AVN6620 Touchscreen Head Unit
Hifonics BRX3016 - 3krms @ 1ohm
2 RE Auido SX 18s - 14.5^3ft net @ 30hz w/ 200^2in. port
120hp Cummins 4bta Swap

I honestly thought you did because of those same reasons, i just hope the port ´has a few inches clearance from the trunk :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Ive got a good bit of room between the hatch and the port... however I REEEAALLYY need to invest in some sound dampning material :ehh:

-Chris

03' Black Z71 Tahoe
120hp Cummins 4bta Swap

Hey alls...

Small update... I got the deck out of the garage and cleaned it up. Also picked up a dash kit for it.. however I'm waiting on ordering the wiring kit to retain the factory bose system for the time being...

The deck is an Eclipse AVN6620... Ive had it for a year or so.. was installed in my focus however its gone a completely different direction and tunes arnt a priority by anymeans..

Here are a few pics of the deck..

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

Also ordered my xs power d3100 for under the hood.. just in time to get it at the discounted rate (huge thanks to Nathan)

Anyways, hopefully I'll order the harness/adapter for the deck in the next few days and get it in before newyears so I can get it installed over the long weekend.

Thanks guys

-Chris

03' Black Z71 Tahoe
120hp Cummins 4bta Swap

BTW you were fine to post hte build log like you did. I started mine and never even finished it lol oops

lol...and mine is going on a year long. Welcome man and good luck

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

tripp_zps449c2d3a.jpg

~~~~CHODE FTW~~~~

DC4LYFE

• 2 weeks later...

Hey alls...

I got a little done since I was off work for newyears eve...

My adapter arrived to retain the bose system so I wired it up and installed the double din...

d3.jpg

I LOVE my heat shrink butt-connectors

d4.jpg

Deck installed... what a pita trying to get all the wiring tucked in the dash... sucked big time but its in and working

d5.jpg

d6.jpg

Anyways... the d3100 will be in tuesday so I will hopefully get it installed next week.

Thats all for the time being.

-Chris

03' Black Z71 Tahoe
120hp Cummins 4bta Swap

Question alls...

The drivers are starting to losen up a bit... however they dont seem to move much... They are loud but dont hardly move 1/2" or so... IF I turn the gain up a bit.. I can make them move like they should but the amp really starts drawing power and it completely drowns out the highs/mids... also affraid of clipping

Am I underpowering these drivers?

They are rated for 1krms per... what kind of power can these really take?

I was planning on putting 1.5-2krms to them daily... will they handle it?

Thanks for the input

-Chris

03' Black Z71 Tahoe
120hp Cummins 4bta Swap

Welcome to the forum man, the hoe looks good, I'm contemplating getting an 05. As far as the port is concerned, put an external baffle around the port where it hits the box, than use t-nuts between the baffle and the box, this way the port is removable and u don't chew up the box with screws. Use cardboard or camper top peel n seal as a gasket to stop any air leaks. As far as alternators, Mechman is the way to go, in my opinion. My ranger alt from them works great.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Small update...

D3100 is ready to go in... will hopefully get it installed tomorrow after work...

Also took the time to set the amp with a dmm and quickly realized that I wasnt hardly pushing the amp... so after setting it up right... this thing friggen thumps HARD... I may do it again because I set it up with the bass boost knob turned up and the write ups i'm reading says to turn it off and use it after the fact...

Anyways... I need to scrounge up some money and get some damplifier ordered...

How far will the eighty ^2ft. pack get me in the tahoe? I'm planning on probably 2 layers on the rear hatch and then going from there...

I'll get some pics up tomorrow hopefully...

Thanks

-Chris

03' Black Z71 Tahoe
120hp Cummins 4bta Swap

Archived