03' Tahoe Build - 2 RE Audio 18s - full ICE install... And a Cummins 4bta Swap

Hey alls...

I just recently became a member of this forum and decided I should post up a build log of the Tahoe. Its an 03' Z71 thats loaded out the wazzu and is my daily driver.

Here it sits when I brought it home...

P1010291.jpg

And here it sits now... 3" lift.. 315/70/r17 rubber... matched front window tint to rear...

P1010320.jpg

P1010324.jpg

Currently... I have 4 10" OZ Audio woofers in a 4.5^3ft sealed box powered by 1300 watts rms from a hifonics bxi2006 amplifier. I'm currently also running the stock bose audio system w/ 6disc changer which will be progressively changing over the build.. but first off... need more bump in the back.

The subs will be on order most likely monday... depending on if the money is onhand or not...

I'll be using 2 RE Audio SX 18s (dual 4s) and running them @ 1ohm on the hifonics amp for the time being.. which will be changed out in the near future for something of the 3-4krms flavor.. but it'll have to do for now.

Box wise... internal volume after displacements will be right at 14.25^3ft using a 200^2in slot port tuned @ 30hz (which the ports will be changeable to dial in optimal size/frequency)

I'm planning on starting on the box in the next few days and you guys will quickly find out that I'm a picture whore... so as the build progresses.. the pics will be up.

Currently, the charging system on the truck is stock... but planning on picking up atleast 1 dc ho alternator and 2.. maybe 3 batteries (optima yellow tops or audio specific... not sure yet.. need to research everything a bit more)

Anyways... Thanks for looking... input and advice is always welcome.

-Chris

03' Black Z71 Tahoe
3" Lift / 315/70/R17 Goodyear Duratracs
Eclipse AVN6620 Touchscreen Head Unit
Hifonics BRX3016 - 3krms @ 1ohm
2 RE Auido SX 18s - 14.5^3ft net @ 30hz w/ 200^2in. port
120hp Cummins 4bta Swap

We love picture whores :D, only thing i say the outside of the truck needs, is more of a offset on the rims to stick the tires out little more to look even meaner :D

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

You should prolly Have the equipment on hand before posting a buildlog...

Well... I have all of the cable... the box to build... the amplifier... and multiple batteries to install... Only thing I dont have is the woofers so why is that an issue?

Anyways... box starts today... hopefully I'll get some pics up tonight.

Thanks guys

-Chris

03' Black Z71 Tahoe
3" Lift / 315/70/R17 Goodyear Duratracs
Eclipse AVN6620 Touchscreen Head Unit
Hifonics BRX3016 - 3krms @ 1ohm
2 RE Auido SX 18s - 14.5^3ft net @ 30hz w/ 200^2in. port
120hp Cummins 4bta Swap

Nice ride bro ... I'm new here too ... I'm tuned in :popcorn:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived