I ripped my system out so here's my new box

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty excited to know I'll be putting this in my car soon. :) I got it today.

focalamp.jpg

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

Okay, so I got the amp in. I got this open box from Crutchfield's store in Charlottesville. It was $100 instead of $400! It was missing the bass knob and an allen wrench for the smallest screws on the plastic plate covering my settings. I have plenty of tools and a bass knob doesn't cost anywhere close to the $300 difference, so know it's mine. When I attempted to hook it up, I found out the tiny little allen screw with an inset head was missing for the remote wire...this pissed me off a little, but a run up to the Home Depot specialty screws section solved the problem!

I've got it wired in 2 ohms mono, so it's pushing 470w. This is a little too much for my subs, but I'm being careful and the gain is not very high. It hits so much harder. I'll make a flex video of it soon. Yes, I have flex. Another accomplishment: my rear view mirror won't even stay in position anymore. My car hits harder than any one of my friends, including some with systems worth more than my car, and I did it with less wattage.

img20110425210727.jpg

img20110425210733.jpg

img20110425210738.jpg

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

• 1 month later...

http://youtu.be/fflJIMSsqnI

I just sold these subs today for $100, and ordered 2 P2 subs for $130 free shipping, no tax from ebay! Goodbye P1's! Check out this video to see how hard these entry level subs hit. I got roof/rear window flex!

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

• 1 month later...

So if everything goes to plan, this Saturday I should be buying an 800a2 amp and 801s amp. Two 800w old school Rockford Fosgate amps! I'm also meeting with a guy right after I buy these and selling my P2's to him for more than I paid for them. Gotta love that! I'll probably order P3's, unless someone can tell me of a better performing sub for $90 each (ebay).

I really hope this all goes according to plan. I will be posting pics and videos as soon as I finish the install because I'm sure it will be 3 times better than my starter system.

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Alright, I only was able to get one of the amps, but after some research it seems to be putting out 500w x 2 at 2 ohms which is way too much for these P2 subs! Can't wait to get these sold and step up my game some more. I had to work all night tonight, but maybe by tomorrow or Monday I can have some new pictures and videos posted!

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Archived