Cablguy's 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

I'm hoping to start pulling my dash / A-pillars / kick pannels soon to get started on my enclosures ...

I went to a couple of junk yards and had a look at a few trucks similar to mine with the dash out ...

Its giong to be a fairly easy job to cut out for the enclosures ... just time consuming

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I would love to hear this truck someday. One of my good friends has the Blues 6.5 component sets front and rear off of two RF 600.2s with an Audiocontrol 6xs (I think thats what it was) and I really was NOT impressed with his setup. I'm thinking its a matter of high quality gear thats improperly set up. Any tips on how to bring those speakers to life?

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

Thank you Sir ...

I'm not sure who that guy is, But I'm thinking he's running old school blues drivers ... I kind of have an idea who's running new drivers ...

Keep an eye on the MECA listing for shows and events ... I will be making several in the South !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok ... Finally getting my truck's "passive, ported and tuned 5.25 Component set in the Dash install" under way !!!

This past weekend, We got the A-pillars / tweeters out and installed stock A-pillars, the 6.5" passive crossovers out, center channel out (center channel is going away, but the molds being made will be set up for center channel reinstall later), and the dash is practically tore apart and almost ready to come out of the truck !!!

Last night, we got our "expand - o - foam" in there on the dash to make our molds for the new enclosures !!! I took as many pics as I could while this was going on. I will post pics as soon at I can get on my wife's computer and upload them to CA-F !!!

We are going to be meeting back up Thursday and Friday to get the fiberglass underway !!! I am Stoked !!!

Special thanks goes out to Jimmy Walker(Thunder39208) and Robert Rayfield (LinearPower) for EVERYTHING !!!

Also, Coleman !!! For the Audio Technix !!!! Excellent Product !!!

This gives me hope and inspiration!

Thank you Sir ...

That expand-0-foam stuff is amazing for making enclosure molds !!!

We are hoping this install will really show what the Blues Car Audio 5.25" passive component set is capable of doing ...

I've never seen "dash built" enclosures ported and tuned to around 38 to 40 htz !!! on top of that, We are installing one of the new Linear Power LP2150s on that component set. Total of 600 watts on my front stage (not counting the center channel) ... Should be interesting !!!

Long time no talk! Git r done man

Hey man !!! I see you around GMT400 every now and then !!!

Thank you Sir !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Long time no talk! Git r done man

Here you go ...

image_url-43297-1353058003.jpg

image_url-43297-1353058034.jpg

image_url-43297-1353058066.jpg

image_url-43297-1353058096.jpg

Archived