Inline Volt / Amp Meter

Have you guys ever seen, heard of or used one of these? Are there any other high end brands on the market? I was thinking that these might cause a slight voltage drop? Just looking for opinions on these or something like them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-0-Gauge-Inline-Digit...1QQcmdZViewItem

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Have you guys ever seen, heard of or used one of these? Are there any other high end brands on the market? I was thinking that these might cause a slight voltage drop? Just looking for opinions on these or something like them.

dont think they would look cool installed close to the driver in order to be able to check the volt/amp stats.

have u seen the smaller stinger ones?? just a lil screen with numbres ;)

blue

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...sid/0/SFV/30046

red

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...sid/0/SFV/30046

Edited by CynicLos
  • '02 Jetta
  • (1) Fi Btl 18 Inch Sub
  • Big box FTW!
  • Installed the HU.. finally...
  • Look for a H.O. Alt
    yea... it bangs.. but still need some few things

0000002102154.gif

0001897780.gif

00000000004987.gif

:D

• '02 Jetta
  • (1) Fi Btl 18 Inch Sub
  • Big box FTW!
  • Look for a H.O. Alt

0000002102154.gif

0001897780.gif

00000000004987.gif

was only able to find stinger

http://www.cardomain.com/item/STISHDA1

could prob get it cheaper too

* Edit *

or a dist. bock with amp/volt display

http://www.cardomain.com/item/STISHDA4

Edited by CynicLos
  • '02 Jetta
  • (1) Fi Btl 18 Inch Sub
  • Big box FTW!
  • Look for a H.O. Alt

0000002102154.gif

0001897780.gif

00000000004987.gif

My stinger must be special then huh?

Its like the one that was pictured by smoke, but is stinger. It is also a fuse block. Mine currently has two 150 amp fuses in it.

th_DCAO0201.jpg

thats like the one on http://www.cardomain.com/item/STISHDA1 right?

up to 300 amp fuses ;) (150 x 2)

Edited by CynicLos
  • '02 Jetta
  • (1) Fi Btl 18 Inch Sub
  • Big box FTW!
  • Look for a H.O. Alt

0000002102154.gif

0001897780.gif

00000000004987.gif

The reason I am leaning towards the one on ebay is that it reads both volts & amps @ the same time. It also has 0/1 gauge input / 0/1 gauge output. I haven't been able to find any other brands with these features.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The reason I am leaning towards the one on ebay is that it reads both volts & amps @ the same time. It also has 0/1 gauge input / 0/1 gauge output. I haven't been able to find any other brands with these features.

I just want to point out something about this. From everything that I can tell, these devices are all wired in series with your 12 volt supply. I could be wrong, I am judging by appearance. If I am correct in my perception of these meters then this is a factor to think about:

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. If a chain consists of all 100lb links except one that is only a 50lb link. That chain is good for 50lbs only. Same thing here. Your circuit is only as strong as your weakest link which will quite likely be these metering block. To my knowledge, there are only two ways to meter current. Inductively or wired in series. The inductive option requires a clamp of some type to be fitted around the conductor to be measured. I don't see this item, so that is why I assume that these meters take their place in series with the circuit.

Even if they are setup how I think, they may not be harmful to the performance of your electrical system. I would imagine that they could be made well enough and using appropriate types of conductors that they are not a hindering factor. In this case, I would say overall quality of the device would probably be the best indicator.

Just my .02.

BJJ20logo20resize.png