DC Sound Lab

thoughts on box designs for 9 15" lvl4 XL's

So you think that the 2.5 isn't to small?? And what about the distance from the top baffle to the roof? When does that get to small?? And cause IMP rise and all that?? Just wondering bc like jay said I don't wana have to rebuild a 200lbs $300+ box agn..

Tha ks for your input mane

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

I would try to stay atleast 20" away from the roof. But that shouldnt be a problem in your build.

I dont think 2.5 is to small no. On a single sub it is a bit small, but on 9 subs it will probably help greatly on mechanical power handling. Remember every time you add a sub you drop frequency, if you are worried about playing low. I know a guy who has 8 XL 15s in 1.7 each and he does pretty good. :pardon:

I just got my 4 XL 15s playing yesterday. I have them in 3 cubes each tuned to 35hz and it drops LOW. I think you will be happy tuning the 15s higher. With 9 subs I dont think you will have much issue with 2.5 cubes per sub, if you have enough power. Lets just say in a perfect world you get a true 15k out of the 3 DC 5000s. You will still only be giving the XLs 1667 watts each. The XLs take 1500w and laugh at it. You could easily put a 5k per pair and do 8 XL 15s. Realistically you will probably see 3500-4000w out of the 5k after box rise and voltage drop. Trust me 1500w on an XL is no where near enough, they barely move, but they still get loud!

I just got my 4 XL 15s playing yesterday. I have them in 3 cubes each tuned to 35hz and it drops LOW. I think you will be happy tuning the 15s higher. With 9 subs I dont think you will have much issue with 2.5 cubes per sub, if you have enough power. Lets just say in a perfect world you get a true 15k out of the 3 DC 5000s. You will still only be giving the XLs 1667 watts each. The XLs take 1500w and laugh at it. You could easily put a 5k per pair and do 8 XL 15s. Realistically you will probably see 3500-4000w out of the 5k after box rise and voltage drop. Trust me 1500w on an XL is no where near enough, they barely move, but they still get loud!

sweet thanks for the responses guys!! and around what freq do you recomend tune them up to?? bc the current desgin is around 33hz, and i figured that i was going to loose quite a bit of power due to rise etc... and you speak of 8 XLs on 4 5000.1s ? would that be a better set up? and anther question i had was what if later down the road i upped the power with 6- 5000.1s? and strapped 2 5000's per 3 subs???

and which brings me to anther question i dont even know if those new 5k's are linkable???

just let me know like i was saying i think that the 9 15" on 15K (theretical wattage ofcourse) should be pretty good for now id hope its insane loud i mean 9 supiror subs and 3 insane amps...

and then step the power up to 10k per 3 subs

any input??

thanks agn guys

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

that would be over 3K per sub, (theoretical wattage agn so by the time the rise and all the factors come in to play id say id be seeing 2K roughly per sub??

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

The port is right at 8" from the rear gate

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

Yea lvl4 with lvl5 soft parts... What's your take on the box desgins??

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png