New Shop Progress

kingsuv

To the point where i need to rebuild the conference table. Stacked all the router lifts to the side for tear down

IMG_20160306_095840_zpsqiseqiwe.jpg

3 years worth of build up.

IMG_20160306_103104_zpsi64azpmv.jpg

about a dozen pencils were found total

IMG_20160306_104623_zpsvza3rlxw.jpg

Tore down the fence to center it more in the table.

IMG_20160306_121052_zpsds6lupkv.jpg

Gave the table saw 14" more of fall off for larger cuts.

IMG_20160306_122658_zps55s5fck6.jpg

IMG_20160306_160932_zps7pykwf5a.jpg

Working now on getting the 5 different blast gates in, without too much kink in the line with 4" pipe. 3" Y's down to what will be 8 router lifts total. Quite a few times laying everything out. Need another trip to the store.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Did you make your fence, or did you buy it?

I want to make a built in similar to what you're doing. But I only have 1 router. But I can't really afford to shell out $300 for a new fence set up. I was looking to build one maybe.

Looks good!

The fence and rail is Biesemeyer. Was a good 600 bucks when I got it 10+ years ago. They can be had way cheaper now. Mine is the 50" model

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Been slow going on this part. This last week has had me pulled away from the shop.

3 of the 5 Ivac auto blast gates are in. Tight fit doesn't even begin to describe what we have going here. 1 gate for the tablesaw, then the other 4 are for the 8 router lifts. each gate gets split off for 2 routers each.

safe_image%201_zps9ghokbka.jpg

Next up is the Rapid air system in the table. All 4 sides will have a pair of air drops. This allows me to have air line connections even when I don't have the overhead drops in place. Wiring up everything will take some time. Need power for the blast gate, and the tool connection. Then I need to wire in all the safety paddle switches. Oh.... and add in some power outlets for the use of hand power tools as well. Tricky part is making sure everything I add in is out of the way of the catch buckets for the router lifts which I can't put in till last. It's a good amount of assembly, check, and dis-assembly.

safe_image_zpsgufif8gp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing like using the old table top to support the new top. Little sketchy not having anything screwed down.

IMG_20160316_184552_zpscgnaeojs.jpg

Part of the rebuild was to center the table. When I built this way back, everyone had their saw as far to the left as possible. After dealing with too much wood overhanging the left side, I finally realized that it was a dumb idea, and needed more table for the support.

IMG_20160316_190929_zpskrckmhog.jpg

Cutting full sheets by myself is no problem now.

IMG_20160318_164810_zpsfgeyyi4g.jpg

Routers are better spaced out now as well. It's easier to work around one that needs to stay set during the fab process. Saves time not needing to reset bit height when doing detail work.

IMG_20160317_204246_zps2ceshma4.jpg

The safety switches are in and wired. Power goes into the switch then sent out to the outlet for the tool to be connected.

IMG_20160312_153655_zpsev1cu4at.jpg

Split out the outlets so each side is connected to it's own safety switch.

IMG_20160313_185857_zpsfwicveqv.jpg

Last part of this is to install the catch cans for the routers. Used 10" form tubes. Simple, cheap, light, and the inside is coated smooth. used a 2" port adapter cut into the bottom edge. 1/4" wood to seal the bottom.

IMG_20160318_182820_zpsusdted8i.jpg

IMG_20160318_183112_zpsyhylqqqu.jpg

IMG_20160318_183142_zpscvcqze9t.jpg

Then some flex tube to tie it all in. 2 routers per gate. Plenty of suction split between the 2.

IMG_20160320_150454_zpsrkjm9gsn.jpg

1st half of the table set and ready to suck.

IMG_20160320_150425_zpsix6o8cai.jpg

Still need to order up the last of the Ivac gates and router lifts for the other half of the table. All the hard parts are in and ready for them.

IMG_20160320_180635_zpsm1mimxyg.jpg

Man, that looks freaking badass, I'm sure it's functionality is even better.

As simple as it is, there is a lot going on in the table. And for the rest of the collection system, I kinda went full retard in the build. Spent way more than I should putting it together. In all reality, it's something you won't give a 2nd thought too in a couple weeks and won't remember how you lived without it. Sure is nice to have a good 95% less mess to clean up at the end of the day.

Man, that looks freaking badass, I'm sure it's functionality is even better.

As simple as it is, there is a lot going on in the table. And for the rest of the collection system, I kinda went full retard in the build. Spent way more than I should putting it together. In all reality, it's something you won't give a 2nd thought too in a couple weeks and won't remember how you lived without it. Sure is nice to have a good 95% less mess to clean up at the end of the day.

In this hobby I've come to realize when there is a budget for something, write it down on a piece of paper. Take that paper and crumble it and throw it away because it's pointless lol. Especially if it's for yourself haha

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Archived