I bought my first 4x4, a 97 tahoe. All I've done is upgrade to slightly bigger stock tires, and turn up the tortion keys a bit. I wanna know what the difference is between a body lift, and a suspension lift. What are the pros and cons of each, and is it good to put both on an suv? Where can I find a good lift at for a good price?

mivtCK.png

I bought my first 4x4, a 97 tahoe. All I've done is upgrade to slightly bigger stock tires, and turn up the tortion keys a bit. I wanna know what the difference is between a body lift, and a suspension lift. What are the pros and cons of each, and is it good to put both on an suv? Where can I find a good lift at for a good price?

ok boiler posted as i was writing lol but hes right. forgot to add if its IFS there are also k frame drops, they lower your k frame so your able to get more list in the front of truck that hase IFS

body lift, lifts the body off the frame. suspension lift, lifts the frame off the axles. all depens what you want to do, and how big you want to go. to much suspension lift can change the pinon angel and the angel of your inner c knuckles, that in time could cause damage.

Edited by LordArcane

I do wanna be able to put some 35's on the truck. But the main thing I am looking for is for the cab to be high off the ground. Where you gotta jump up to get in. If I put blocks on the rear and turn up the tortion keys, should I be able to fit 35's or at least 33's on the truck? If so, i believe i could just put a 3 or 4 inch body lift on it to achieve the look I want.

mivtCK.png

no you wont... a 3 in body lift is very big and you will see the body mounts when you look at the truck. if you just keep turning the torsion bars then your ride quality will got much worse then it already is. look at these 2 places. the first is my favorite company and then look at pro comp. they will cost from 900-2000. 4 inch lift recommends 33x12.5 tires. body lifts you can do a 3 inch body lift if you dont mind people seeing it. but you can also out a suspension and a body lift. it dont matter. just remember when you do a body lift you have to make sure all your wires and stuff are long enough and dont get stretched or broke. just ask if you have any other questions

http://roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_88-98_4.html

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits-Suspensions-and-Shocks/Lift-Kit-Suspension-w-Shock.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=5491

Also jc whitney has some decient ones on their site

yes, how could forget my favorite site. they are awesome over there. with live chat and stuff you can get help very easy