Sonic Electronix

im gonna be getting an 87 pathfinder 4x4 soon that has no stereo period. i used to know all the good decks and speakers but since i haven't had a car for a while i pretty much lost touch with everything. this truck im getting has a spot for a single din receiver and im not quite sure the speakers it takes since i don't have it yet. once i get the truck, ill be looking to put something in it but i don't really have much money. my budget will likely be 200 or less so i know i cant go for bass just yet but what can i get for a deck and speakers that would be fairly cheap but not walmart junk(off brands like dual and jensen)? also might need help wiring it up. i guess the owner before my friend had it did a real hack job on the wiring so most likely hard wiring the system in which i could probably figure out, but i suck at running wires and making it look clean, and Ive never ran any speaker wire thru doors and panels, only for a sub in a single cab truck which is hard to fuck up lol.

this wont need to happen any time soon, probably sometime after January, but im just wanting to get some advise and take my time to shop around. thanks for any help anyone may be able to provide and keep up the great work steve! cant wait to get a demo some day once i have a vehicle and can get around. or if your ever in roseville haha.

Edited by Basswolf

$200 ? Save some more or you could easily end with "walmart junk" !!!

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

im gonna be getting an 87 pathfinder 4x4 soon that has no stereo period. i used to know all the good decks and speakers but since i haven't had a car for a while i pretty much lost touch with everything. this truck im getting has a spot for a single din receiver and im not quite sure the speakers it takes since i don't have it yet. once i get the truck, ill be looking to put something in it but i don't really have much money. my budget will likely be 200 or less so i know i cant go for bass just yet but what can i get for a deck and speakers that would be fairly cheap but not walmart junk? also might need help wiring it up. i guess the owner before my friend had it did a real hack job on the wiring so most likely hard wiring the system in which i could probably figure out, but i suck at running wires and making it look clean, and Ive never ran any speaker wire thru doors and panels, only for a sub in a single cab truck which is hard to fuck up lol.

this wont need to happen any time soon, probably sometime after January, but im just wanting to get some advise and take my time to shop around. thanks for any help anyone may be able to provide and keep up the great work steve! cant wait to get a demo some day once i have a vehicle and can get around. or if your ever in roseville haha.

you get what you pay for man, i would save more money...chances are youre going to abuse these speakers so in my opinion save it.

im gonna be getting an 87 pathfinder 4x4 soon that has no stereo period. i used to know all the good decks and speakers but since i haven't had a car for a while i pretty much lost touch with everything. this truck im getting has a spot for a single din receiver and im not quite sure the speakers it takes since i don't have it yet. once i get the truck, ill be looking to put something in it but i don't really have much money. my budget will likely be 200 or less so i know i cant go for bass just yet but what can i get for a deck and speakers that would be fairly cheap but not walmart junk? also might need help wiring it up. i guess the owner before my friend had it did a real hack job on the wiring so most likely hard wiring the system in which i could probably figure out, but i suck at running wires and making it look clean, and Ive never ran any speaker wire thru doors and panels, only for a sub in a single cab truck which is hard to fuck up lol.

you get what you pay for man, i would save more money...chances are youre going to abuse these speakers so in my opinion save it.

what makes you think im going to abuse the speakers? and what would be a good price range to set? im here to get some advice not be picked on cuz i dont have the money to spend on high end pro stuff. not everyone can afford to drop a few grand on a sound system.

what makes you think im going to abuse the speakers? and what would be a good price range to set? im here to get some advice not be picked on cuz i dont have the money to spend on high end pro stuff. not everyone can afford to drop a few grand on a sound system.

Not to make it sound like we're picking on you but you set a budget and specified that you didn't want walmart just. But I believe there's "walmart junk" that costs more than your budget. And to give you some advice, save up a little more. I'm not saying you need to spend a couple thousands on your system but at least spend a good amount on your deck since that's what runs your whole system. If your deck is sending a dirty signal your amp it getting a dirty signal and that means your amp is sending a dirty signal to your subs and that ultimately means you subs are going to be blowing some magic smoke pretty fast.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

hey, i started off with walmart junk. And look where i'm at now! Pretty sure when SMD started off, he had walmart junk too. But on the real, you are gonna need some more money. No way you can buy a deck, speakers, and wiring for under $200 w/out it being walmart, or biglots.

mivtCK.png

sorry when i said walmart junk, i meant dual and jensen. i got the deck for my old truck from walmart when i worked there. was a sony xplod. im not above buying stuff from walmart or frys, i just dont want the off brand crap lol. my old truck came with a jensen that skipped if you even looked at it wrong haha

hey, i started off with walmart junk. And look where i'm at now! Pretty sure when SMD started off, he had walmart junk too. But on the real, you are gonna need some more money. No way you can buy a deck, speakers, and wiring for under $200 w/out it being walmart, or biglots.

thats fine i dont mind buying from walmart, just not the generic brands is what i meant. is there a spot on here to buy used stuff? i know i could check craigslist, but cant always trust what you buy there, but if it was sold on here im sure i could most likely trust it.

They sell some pretty nice Pioneers at walmart. My GF's Pioneer deck came from walmart and we have never had a problem with it. I would never personally use anything from there but Im just saying not all their stuff is "junk".

RF_728x090_caraudiofanatics-1.jpg

xs-1.jpg

logo-1.png

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

DC Power 270 Amp Alt

Big 3

Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire

XS Power D6500

XS Power D3100

Pioneer Headunit

JBL Mids and Highs

Rockford Fosgate 400.4

3 Sundown Audio SA-10's wired @ .67 ohms

American Bass 150.1

They sell some pretty nice Pioneers at walmart. My GF's Pioneer deck came from walmart and we have never had a problem with it. I would never personally use anything from there but Im just saying not all their stuff is "junk".

there was a thread on that "walmart" pioneer you're speaking of. apparently its made with very low quality parts and probably designed by their C-team.