Sonic Electronix

Hz is hertz, or frequency, that is a cycle per second. 1hz is 1 cycle per second. in this case the cycle is a soundwave. 50 hz is 50 cycles per second.

the lower the hz/frequency/cycle per second, the lower the energy.

thats why ppl tune higher for competitions.

I would bet your subs dont sound too good if its louder at 80 hz

but im assuming by your question your asking about a low pass setting on your radio.

with it set at 50 hz you only allowing you subs to play from 50 hz down

with it set at 63 hz is only playing 63hz down, and the same for 80.

for daily, most set their low pass so 70-8 0 for their subs lets you pick up the lows but not get to high and sound crappy. i'd start in that range and listen to some stuff you normaly do if you think it sounds like crap on the higher notes turn it back just little bit or turn it up thats something you got to play around with depening on music you listen to what your box is tuned too and so forth. but i've never seen anyone set it above 100hz normal for daily is right around 70- 8 0 i think.

edit damn space between 8 and 0 so it won't make the 80 face :/

yeah, depends what kinda music u listen too.... i run my stuff as low as possible.. takes alot of excursion and power to play waaaayyy low hz and be loud, but over all i listen to rap, and i have my deck at 50 and my amp i think is little bit lower than that. low bass is cleaner sounding and more "heavy" feeling i guess, like u can feel it moving mass around.

-06' f-150...

audio.video.performance.visual

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

Archived