Wattage Question

I am buying some new 6.5's and 6x9's for my 05 impala and I need to know if 100 watts rms to each speaker is to much.

Heres the speakers..

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-AA2651-6-5-Inch-Speaker/dp/tech-data/B001C3P6FI/ref=de_a_smtd

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-9-Inch-Speakers-Silver/dp/tech-data/B000P0R6KW/ref=de_a_smtd

And i need this set up to last for like a year or 2, so take that into consideration as well.

Well that's their rated power, so it will be fine. Just make sure the signal isnt clipped when you set the gains. What amp are you running them with?

RF T600-4

RF T1500-1BDCP

FI BL 15

Iraggi 190A Alternator

Big 3

Kinetik HC1800

Kinetik HC2400

Knu Flex 1/0

2 Sets of RF T2 Component 6.5's

Own but not installed...yet

1 Set of RF T2 Component 6.5's

1 Set of Qlogic Kickpanels

no such thing as too much power...only not enough knowledge when it comes to listening for distortion and using the volume knob

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Ya, they aren't the greatest. they over rate by about 20%. 80 Eighty Watts each isn't terrible though, better than with a 50 wrms head unit though. If you can find me a decent amp that will produce 100 4 chan at 4 ohms, the help would be much appreciated. Not looking to pay tons for something that wont make that big of a difference though. So keep it around 200.

Edited by ThatMauiWowie