Sonic Electronix

i'm looking to build a good sounding system for my father in his elcamino its a 1971 ss model. i cannot change the deck or the dash speakers. it has boss speakers and tweeters on the rear wall. i am mostly looking to upgrade his sub. right now there is only a 160 watt dual 8 " sub. so my question is what would be the best size sub and type of box to put for the size of the cab. here is a video of the current system. http://www.smdmedia.net/index.php/videos/player/323/8.html

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

ive got 2 polk audio 10s under the back seat of my dodge ram and its pretty loud. one 10 was good but i wanted a little more. anyway look at my build log and see the boxes that i have, they are tiny little guys and work awesome. i would suggest something similar to go behind the seats??

I was hoping for a blow-thru in a elcamino :(

maybie if it was like an 1980 or so, but i wouldn't do it in a 70. thats a cool idea though

Edited by bass_stalker

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Pics of the car? My grandpa has a 71 SS el camino. Love those things.

i dont really have many pics but i can take some this weekend when my dad pulls it out. i posted a video link on the first post.

ive got 2 polk audio 10s under the back seat of my dodge ram and its pretty loud. one 10 was good but i wanted a little more. anyway look at my build log and see the boxes that i have, they are tiny little guys and work awesome. i would suggest something similar to go behind the seats??

well i think the seats are too low i think they may only have 1 or two inches under the seats. however it would have enough room to mount an amp under the seat. i think it would have to go behind the seats or i would have to mount em into the back wall with a box built into it Edited by bass_stalker

Didnt even see the video. Nice.

i think you have room to fit 4 shallow mount pioneer 12's in a sealed box. that should get loud.

a lil bit over kill lol i was kinda thinking of 2 shallow 12's or 2 shallow mount 10's