Sonic Electronix

Can't decide on my new headunit....

@ Gally; Thanks for the responses, but in all honestly the look of that head unit does not appeal to me. I know it may sound stupid, but it looks pretty ugly to me. Some of the buttons are "touch" buttons and that looks pretty clunky, I like having physical buttons.

@Big Lo

So you like it? How are the equalizing features, CD playback, and how is it to navigate through an ipod?

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

@ Gally; Thanks for the responses, but in all honestly the look of that head unit does not appeal to me. I know it may sound stupid, but it looks pretty ugly to me. Some of the buttons are "touch" buttons and that looks pretty clunky, I like having physical buttons.

@Big Lo

So you like it? How are the equalizing features, CD playback, and how is it to navigate through an ipod?

EDIT: Sorry for the doublepost, internet is running pretty slow today and I clicked a few too many times. :/

Edited by billy101

First System

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

I am using Kenwood KDC-BT945U and it's awesome, only thing i can say i don't like about it is how to change songs on the actual unit its self so I use the remote 90% of the time. Other than that the set up for what you can do with speaker adjustment, speaker size, vehicle type and a ton of other shit has improved the actual sound quality. Can't speak for the other units but I have had this kenwood for about 2 months now and love it.

not sure if the pioneer p3100avh (cant remember if that the exact model number... somewear along the lines of that though) is still ava. but thats what im using.. it cost like 300$ i absolutely love it... lots of eq shit to play with and it does great with the door speakers/woofer controlls... has all kinds of options for add ons too. its a touch screen double din too witch i like alot.

-06' f-150...

audio.video.performance.visual

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

not sure if the pioneer p3100avh (cant remember if that the exact model number... somewear along the lines of that though) is still ava. but thats what im using.. it cost like 300$ i absolutely love it... lots of eq shit to play with and it does great with the door speakers/woofer controlls... has all kinds of options for add ons too. its a touch screen double din too witch i like alot.

Yeah I seen the new version, its a p3200 something like that..looks pretty nice but would like a physical knob for volume... It's also $260. lol

The KDC-X794 is looking better and better.

First System

Any HU that has 4v or better pre outs, i've owned a kenwood deck and liked it now im on a Pioneer 5v pres 16band EQ BT all the goodies built in only thing i dont like is u cant turn the decks amp off which with kenwood (or the one i had) you could. id say get a kenwood like the 794, unless u want built-in bluetooth which is nice and saves you from getting a ticket in some states (handsfree).

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

cubs_fan0718 & YoungBuck

I think you guys just changed my mind. haha.....the BT945U is looking like the one if someone can tell me what the difference between the BT945U and the X794.

One's excelon and the other one isnt. The non-excelon unit is CEA-2006 certified, the excelon unit isn't. any other major differences?

Right now, whenever someone calls me I answer it and put it on speaker and lay it on my lap. It would also be cool to be able to play my iPod thru the HU with bluetooth!!

First System