merk_master Posted December 17, 2010 Report Posted December 17, 2010 For all of you who pay attention ,yes I have alot of different ideas for systems. I am trying to build something decent on a budget. I have a 400 watt rms and a 600 watt rms amplifier on hand. What I am wanting to find out is opinions of the FI Audio X series 10s? how would 3 of these in a ported box (subs/port forward) sealed from trunk tuned 35 hz sound? would it still get "low" or should I tune lower? thanks again everyone... sorry i have so much time to think... I was also debating a single L5 12" kicker in a similar box? hopeful noob
cubs_fan0718 Posted December 17, 2010 Report Posted December 17, 2010 I'm sure i, like alot of people will tell you to try it out. there is no way to tell how any system will sound in ur personal vehicle unless we have had the same car and the system in question installed in that vehicle. try it and you will have ur answer. 06 Impala SSKenwood Excelon DDX593 Ampere Audio 150.4 Ampere Audio 5K1 XS D4700 (front)Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3 Lots of Second Skin Damplifier Under Construction for 2017
Rotten Posted December 17, 2010 Report Posted December 17, 2010 hell man. put two in a trans line box and call er good! haha from my experence ... (two installs) trans line boxes play really well in trunks! -06' f-150... audio.video.performance.visual -08' yfz 450 all go. no sho
Loudcivic Posted December 17, 2010 Report Posted December 17, 2010 why not just get 2 12 fi x's and put it on your 600 rms amp and call it a day 2015 silverado crew cab nothing atm but soon...
merk_master Posted December 17, 2010 Author Report Posted December 17, 2010 Rotton- As much as I do like T-Lines , I am wanting to go more conventional this time around. Loud Civic - I could go 2 12s but 3 10s would have a little more cone area. Unless there is something i am missing? hopeful noob
Loudcivic Posted December 17, 2010 Report Posted December 17, 2010 im not sure which would be louder since both the 10's and 12's have the same rms. with the 10's you would have more cone area with less power. the 12's less cone area but more power. its kind of a toss up to me. 2015 silverado crew cab nothing atm but soon...
merk_master Posted December 17, 2010 Author Report Posted December 17, 2010 ^ I just love when someone ask something specific and someone chimes in with lvl x(1,2,3,4,5) this and that.No offense to anyone but I was wanting to know about the FI X series subwoofers. If anyone has any past experience with them please post your opinions. hopeful noob
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.