Sonic Electronix

In my car right now, I have a 12" SoloX being powered by a Rockford Fosgate 20001.bd and in a box around 5 cuft after displacements. I didn't do the installation myself, but according to the SoloX12 manual, it seems like the guy was trying to follow this box design:

S12X

VentedSUV (TheOneToDo)

6 ft3 (170L) + port displacement, Fb=45Hz

Port: 60 in2 (387cm2) area x 6” (15.2cm) long

Power Handling = 2000W Peak

I'm guessing that means that he wired my amp to 2 ohms, or maybe even 4. If I'm wrong here, feel free to correct me. I'm doing all of this based off logic. The manual for the SoloX18 says this:

S18X

VentedCompact (MinimumEnclosureVolume)

5 ft3 (142L) + port displacement, Fb=35Hz

Port: 60 in2 (387cm2) area x 14.5” (36.8cm) long

Power Handling = 5000W Peak

Wouldn't that mean it would've made more sense to wire my amp to 1 ohm, and have an 18" SoloX, which would be louder than the 12" SoloX? I have enough room for the 18 in the box that my 12 is in now. Would it be a huge upgrade if I put the 18 in the same box I have now, except with a longer port, and then wire my amp to 1 ohm?

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

I remember alot of the RF T series amps(the gen before the CP version as well as the non CP version thats newest) made more power at 2 ohms than 1 ohm even though normally you would get more power the other way around.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Archived