Sonic Electronix

Hey I am wiring my car up for my new system, I am running power wire from the battery to a battery isolator then to two batteries, then to my sub amp and my speaker amp. Do i also need to run one amp from one battery and one from another or both off the second battery. Also wondering about if i have to fuse my ground wire or no. And just a power wire from the front to back battery or run a 2nd wire from the alt to the back of the car.

take isolator out if you would like to have an alternator still working in the future.

you dont fuse your ground

take a run of 1/0 from front battery (after doing big 3 in 1/0 gauge) and attach it to the back battery. if you have multiple back batteries, attach + from one to + on the other and etc for -.

I got a question too lol how do u use a relay my deck some times turnes off and people are telling me to use a relay but the only problem is I don't know how to wire up a relay and don't know what wires to put on either prongs

<script language='JavaScript' src='http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/downloads/banner_link.asp?p_id=18'></script>

how often do you listen to your car with the car off? I never do personally.

z71thumper. there are diagrams on the12volt.com on how to wire it up.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

positive usually goes from battery to battery. Fuse within 12 inches of EACH battery. If the wire shorts and you only have the front fused the back battery is still hot, and will continue to feed massive amounts of current to the frame.

Ground to the chassis. If you cannot find a spot where the resistance to the front battery is less than 0.4-ohm then run a negative from the front battery also.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it