FreekDesignz Posted December 21, 2010 Author Report Posted December 21, 2010 Yeah I know, my old kickers could have a 5.5^2 per ft^3 in a slot port with no port noise. But DO NOT worry I will never do the 5.5^2 per ft^3 unless you ask. ♠ FreekDesignz Demo Collection ♠ Everything You Need To Know About Car Audio Torres' Box Tuning Calculator
Hugh G. Rection Posted December 21, 2010 Report Posted December 21, 2010 I have been into car audio since i heard my cousins L7 15", when i was 7 yrs old. i get the feeling ive been doing audio longer than you've been alive...... Owner of BigAss Ports
FreekDesignz Posted December 21, 2010 Author Report Posted December 21, 2010 Yeah, I'm only 15 years old ♠ FreekDesignz Demo Collection ♠ Everything You Need To Know About Car Audio Torres' Box Tuning Calculator
Hugh G. Rection Posted December 21, 2010 Report Posted December 21, 2010 Yeah I know, my old kickers could have a 5.5^2 per ft^3 in a slot port with no port noise. But DO NOT worry I will never do the 5.5^2 per ft^3 unless you ask. you mean 5.5in^2 of port area per ft^3 of internal volume? and out of curiosity, are you actually familiar with what port noise is, or is it just a term your throwing around here? Owner of BigAss Ports
Hugh G. Rection Posted December 21, 2010 Report Posted December 21, 2010 Yeah, I'm only 15 years old stop making me feel old....... been into audio 16 years. Owner of BigAss Ports
FreekDesignz Posted December 21, 2010 Author Report Posted December 21, 2010 Yes, per ft^3 of internal volume. And yes I do know what port noise is, I've had a box that did that (unflared aero ports). ♠ FreekDesignz Demo Collection ♠ Everything You Need To Know About Car Audio Torres' Box Tuning Calculator
FreekDesignz Posted December 21, 2010 Author Report Posted December 21, 2010 Yeah, I'm only 15 years old stop making me feel old....... been into audio 16 years. Well, I'm already over half way there...........lol ♠ FreekDesignz Demo Collection ♠ Everything You Need To Know About Car Audio Torres' Box Tuning Calculator
skittlesRgood Posted December 21, 2010 Report Posted December 21, 2010 ok i have 2 comments on the box in question. dead space around the port, just make it taller and get rid of that sliver of space. that brace will hurt numbers. you are adding flat surfaces and 90* bends. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
hdorre Posted December 21, 2010 Report Posted December 21, 2010 Yeah, I'm only 15 years old ME TOO! I thought I was the only 15 year old on the forum that wasn't a :n00b: I guess I lost that "title" On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
FreekDesignz Posted December 21, 2010 Author Report Posted December 21, 2010 dimensions are h-16 w-26 L-36 thickness is 3/4 in and as far as i understand, no its not a common wall. there is 4 sides to the port. all also 3/4 in wood. here is another pic of the inside. You should use Torres Box Tuning Calculator. It is MUCH easier to use than whatever your using. IMO ♠ FreekDesignz Demo Collection ♠ Everything You Need To Know About Car Audio Torres' Box Tuning Calculator
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.