Sonic Electronix

ok im about to do the big 3 and i want to make sure i know what im doing befor i go ahead and start swaping wires

ok so all the big 3 is is you upgrade the charging wire from the alt to the batt then you upgrade the grounding wire from the negative terminal from your battery

and then what else because i dont know what the third one is

Currently in a build

2 BTL 18s

1 AQ 2200

4 Kenetic hc 600s

Pioneer AVH-P2300 (next purchase)

High output alt 150 amps

big 3 means

1.u run a wire from alt + to battery +, u can fuse this or not but depending on wire lingth i always fuse mine, u can also keep stock alt wire intact too to help out a lil better

2. run wire from battery neg to chassis ground

3. run wire from somewhere on engine or where factory ground is located and run a wire from there to chassis

i took my ground wires off cause they was around 12awg(guage) wire and wouldn't have helped much anyways and replaced with 0guage

Note: if u to decide to fuse ur alt try and find out how many amps ur alt is and try to stay just a bit higher than its rated output so it will still protect it but not put a strain on alt

hope this helps, i have pics of my big 3 if that will help

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

this should be a sticky

big 3 means

1.u run a wire from alt + to battery +, u can fuse this or not but depending on wire lingth i always fuse mine, u can also keep stock alt wire intact too to help out a lil better

3. run wire from somewhere on engine or where factory ground is located and run a wire from there to chassis

i took my ground wires off cause they was around 12awg(guage) wire and wouldn't have helped much anyways and replaced with 0guage

Note: if u to decide to fuse ur alt try and find out how many amps ur alt is and try to stay just a bit higher than its rated output so it will still protect it but not put a strain on alt

thanks so theres two grounds for the batt thats what the third one was

Currently in a build

2 BTL 18s

1 AQ 2200

4 Kenetic hc 600s

Pioneer AVH-P2300 (next purchase)

High output alt 150 amps

there note step by step pics but its ok for what it is

here is my dist block and connections (the 250amp fuse goes to my back battery, and my 150amp fuse is for my alt *my alt aint but 70amps but all had was a 150amp fuse*)

DSCN1325.jpg

here u can see the wire comeing off my alts + leg (as u can see my factory wireing is pritty shitty but i left it there just in case)

DSCN1324.jpg

here is ground comeing from engine block (i used same type wire for all my big 3 but just rapped this wire with black electrical tape)

DSCN1323.jpg

here is ground going to firewall (always skuff where ur grounds are going to be secured and if possable try to anchor with a bolt and nut for a better result *for me i just replaced where they where and its worked great so far*)

DSCN1322.jpg

and here is my ground comeing from my battery neg (like i said earlier, try and skuff where grounds will be secured with a course grade sand paper)

DSCN1326.jpg

hope this helps out a lil bit on how to do it

Edited by tacomabanga1986

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

big 3 means

thanks so theres two grounds for the batt thats what the third one was

well they can be but depends on how u want to go about doing it

most people with bigger setups will run a ground wire from alt bolt to battery neg with a dist block to help better ground the electrical system

but u would want to run a wire from engine block to somewhere on chassis or frame (but check around ur engine to see where ur factory wires are as u can use these spots to help make ur big 3 look alot cleaner)

and then just run a wire from battery neg to chassis or frame (where ever factory wire is i would try that first)

big 3 means

Great chassis ground is on the strut tower.

actually i might redo my grounds and run the ground from my engine block to my passanger side strut bolt and my ground off battery neg to drivers side strut bolt

i dunno what to do with my rear battery ground unless i bolt it where my cab bolts to frame, i normally use seat belt bolts but since i have some issues with one bolt i might try to ground to it and since its stripped put a nut on the end of it and run a jumper wire from it to my frame, should help with light dimming and with amp wired to 1ohm while at idle i drop in the 11's lol,

i think i got enough wire to do this with