Second Skin Audio

2d or 3d box pics.

Damn it!!!! why did you have to make a heart box now my girl wants one in her car lol. i was thinking of putting like 4 8" subs in her ride

Lol, sorry bro. The heart is 10 cubes @ 36 hz btw.

there can always be changes, its only on paper.... just use the design and make it how big you want...

how about this for an idea, can you have one sub put in regular and one inverted in the same box? i came up with this DC box idea (please before anyone hates on it, ignore the sub holes in the D and in the C.!!!!) aldo the top is plexi glass and then there would be LEDs outlining the D and the C so you can tell it says DC.

DCbox.png

please remember this is FAR from finished, i just made it real quick to show the general idea of it.

Yes you can invert one sub, you just have to swap polarity to one or the other.

And no one said the heart shaped box couldn't be scaled down, I only gave specs to show it was more then pudding around with shapes.

not too big a pain in the ass.

start with the corner looking like this

start.jpg

then use the arc drawing tool like this

makearc.jpg

make the curve solid like this by drawing a line to complete the little polygon there.

drawline-fillin.jpg

then just use the follow me tool (tools > follow me) in combination with your scroll wheel and camera orbit (hit o to orbit, hit esc to go back to follow me)

to wind up like this

finish.jpg

yea i was playing around with that edge and figured out a way to do it also. i just take the regular corner and use the arc, then use push pull and it erases that portion, then i just use the eraser and erase all the left over lines....if any of that makes since. but it works

Yes you can invert one sub, you just have to swap polarity to one or the other.

And no one said the heart shaped box couldn't be scaled down, I only gave specs to show it was more then pudding around with shapes.

og shit my bad, i read your post wrong, i though you were saying sorry because its that big lol not sorry for giving his girl the idea haha. anyway great stuff so far. thanks everyone.

oh and no one commented on my dc box, i thought it was a cool idea... maybe not lol

Archived