DC Sound Lab

I need a new amp for either a dc level 4 12 or 15in. Im new to dc subs and i know that the rms is 1000-2000 but i hear that they run closer to the 2000? Because the amps ive been looking at are the aq1200d, and the SAZ-1500d. Would it be a better choice to just throw out the money for the sundown? Or would i need even more power than that? suggestions would be very helpful thanks

The AQ is nice, does rated power and then some. Sundown is very efficient, does more than rated power. If you got the money, get the sundown. That DC will love it. Just make sure you got the electrical to back it up.

(2) Kicker L5 12's

Alpine IDA-X305 HU

Dual Optimas

Big three

Kenwood EQ

RF Components

Hifonics Brutus 1K (Subs)

Alpine MRP 250 (Mids/Highs)

Lots o' sound deadening

The lvl 4 is rated at 1000wrms, can be push 1500wrms daily if its a clean signal. 2000wrms is more of the lvl4xl range, unless you have a lvl 4 with lvl 5 soft parts. For amps i would pick the audioque, price and clip light.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

The AQ is nice, does rated power and then some. Sundown is very efficient, does more than rated power. If you got the money, get the sundown. That DC will love it. Just make sure you got the electrical to back it up.

Okay so if i go with the sundown i will need to upgrade my alternator which i can do and probably need to do anyways. Thats do able, but would that be necessary for the AQ? And also would adding another battery be needed or is that more for 2 DC's?

Why would you need a battery for a extra sub?

Subs don't draw current, amps do.

If you want to run 2000rms, you need 2 level 4s. if you only want one sub, you need the XL.

I'm guessing he meant he would get another amp to power the extra subs, resulting in a bigger power draw. This is a little off the topic, but how much power do you need to draw to make it where the alternator and battery can't keep up? I'm nowhere close to this but I'm curious.

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

Why would you need a battery for a extra sub?

Subs don't draw current, amps do.

If you want to run 2000rms, you need 2 level 4s. if you only want one sub, you need the XL.

I'm guessing he meant he would get another amp to power the extra subs, resulting in a bigger power draw. This is a little off the topic, but how much power do you need to draw to make it where the alternator and battery can't keep up? I'm nowhere close to this but I'm curious.

Hard to say without knowing how big the alt is and the size and specs of the battery.

Stock, I'd say 150amps.