Sonic Electronix

cool, sounds great. thanks again. i will probably have time tomorrow, if not then it will be a week until im free again to do some measuring on it all.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

wait wait wait...you want to put an 18 in a 12 inch box...and use it as a passive radiator...BBWWAAAHHAAA this thread is so full of fail its not even funny.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

It was just an idea chode. I'm not doing it. I'm going to try and sell the box and I'm going to make a custom one for the smd. It was just a idea I thought of as a temporary way to have some bass until I could make a box in the spring.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

alright, so heres what i would like to get a box made for. i want to take up the ENTIRE back of my truck behind my rear seat so its not all that visible. I would like to have it 21 inches high, 32 inches wide, and 27 inches deep.

The reason why its not wider is because i have a XS power d3100 battery in the back and i have nowhere else to put it and the reasoning for the depth is that i have a precision power amp that sticks out 4 inches so that it can breathe since it gets really warm when its used (i never used it for small speakers like my door but i used it for my solox and it got the amp pretty warm). so can someone chime in on a box for this? i know that a lot of you are saying to get it around 30Hz with about 6-7 cubes since im only going to run it at 2600 rms (its definitely going to get more than that, probably 3200 give or take rms since my voltage is so damn high) and will only have a single smd in my setup. i want to have the sub in the box like meade where the cone faces the roof of the truck so that i dont have to worry about the heavy weight of the motor putting strain on the box to hold it.

Let me know all your ideas.

come on where is everybody else at? i know that you are still reading this because of all the people who started putting their 2 cents in about how my original idea wouldnt work. does anyone here have a smd sub that can give me recommendations for a box for a single 18?

Archived