Dylank811 Posted December 21, 2010 Report Posted December 21, 2010 Okay, so thanks to my uncle for getting me a $50 audio express gift card, I now have money to get my much needed power wires and such. I'm replacing everything because the only wire that's long enough is the remote wire. My question is how much should I get? I have plans of having a second amp for mids/highs so that should be taken into consideration with how much length I get. My system is pretty low wattage. I plan on having a P300-1 and P400-4. I have a 200SX. About the same size as a Civic if you've never heard of it. Here's what I'm thinking: 20ft 4 AWG power 10ft 4 AWG ground 20ft remote power 16ft Better RCA's 10ft 12 AWG speaker wire I want to have plenty to work with, but it also gets kinda pricey quick on a high schooler's budget. More/less of anything? 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
hdorre Posted December 21, 2010 Report Posted December 21, 2010 Why don't you just measure how long each run would be? On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
kirill007 Posted December 21, 2010 Report Posted December 21, 2010 Why don't you just measure how long each run would be? That would be to obvious. And it's easier to just ask, because the internetz know everything. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
Dylank811 Posted December 21, 2010 Author Report Posted December 21, 2010 How would I measure it? It seems kinda hard to measure all through the firewall and interior and stuff. But yeah, I ask because I'm lazy. I figure someone's already done it and can save me the time. I also wanted to know about the size I'm using. I think 4 AWG is a little much for my low system, but I don't wanna rerun wire again when I get better amps. I've heard that too thick of wire is just as bad as too thin. 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
kirill007 Posted December 21, 2010 Report Posted December 21, 2010 There is no such thing as to thick wire. Buy the thickest wire you can afford, and don't use cheap brands. Look for welding wire, cheap and good. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
Dylank811 Posted December 22, 2010 Author Report Posted December 22, 2010 I'll get RF wires again, but just the 4 AWG 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.