Sonic Electronix

Rattles, rattles, and more rattles!

I drove my dad's '08 highlander hybrid yesterday... It has the premium JBL system in it. I turned it on, and immediately turned it off because of the sound. Literally, EVERYTHING in the car rattles, even the sub-woofer in the trunk 'whistles' at certain frequencies. It rattles so bad, I don't even know where to begin with it... Cup holders, the door panels themselves, window switches, pieces of the seat... I can barely hear the music, rather lots of rattling in beat with the music... Help?

P.S. I'm 16, so no pulling apart the car for days to fix it. It's my dad's daily driver.

turn the bass down, and treble up...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

turn the bass down, and treble up...

1. Sounds bad

2. It still rattles

3. Any help with a real fix?

you cant really fix it if you cant rip apart the car.....

you said you cant rip it apart so there is no real fix, turn the bass all the way down and leave it like so... thats the real fix right there

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Well, if your dad wants to pay for it, get some dynamat or secondskin and start hitting areas one at a time. When you find a rattle, dynamat the hell out of it. Find another one? Dynamat the hell out of it lol. As for the cupholders and stuff, you might have to try some more creative solutions. For example, I put Neoprene (foamy tape stuff) on the back of my license plate. It doesn't rattle anymore.

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

you cant really fix it if you cant rip apart the car.....

you said you cant rip it apart so there is no real fix, turn the bass all the way down and leave it like so... thats the real fix right there

How can I fix it if I rip apart the car? I'll see if I can convince him to let me now that there is somebody else saying the same thing. =)

it didnt quote what i wanted it to the first time

Well, if your dad wants to pay for it, get some dynamat or secondskin and start hitting areas one at a time. When you find a rattle, dynamat the hell out of it. Find another one? Dynamat the hell out of it lol. As for the cupholders and stuff, you might have to try some more creative solutions. For example, I put Neoprene (foamy tape stuff) on the back of my license plate. It doesn't rattle anymore.

that right there... but you have to rip the car apart to put up the mat...

just try turning the bass all the way down, in the - if it can... and see if that fixes the issues, its probably distorted to all fuck

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

Team DC Audio

Yeah I thought he might be able to do it one step at a time. Like the door panels. His dad's car is way newer than mine so it probably takes longer to disassemble, but I can have my door panel off in about 7 mins. So I thought he could do it in smaller, couple hours each time projects.

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

it didnt quote what i wanted it to the first time

that right there... but you have to rip the car apart to put up the mat...

just try turning the bass all the way down, in the - if it can... and see if that fixes the issues, its probably distorted to all fuck

Thanks. As for turning the bass down, to get an idea of what it sounds like when it doesn't rattle(Zero bass, even the slightest bit makes it rattle) unplug your sub, then set the high pass for your mids at 225hz. It sounds SO bad.

On the other hand, he said that I can take his door panels off (but no more than spending 1 hour at a time on it in case he needs to go some where with the car)

How to I get door panels off that are clip on?