Second Skin Audio

Box Tuning... Did this tuning calculator well... calculate right?

I found a nice port length calculator on the internet... I just want to double check to make sure that it calculated right.

Box: 10^3ft. (10 cubic feet)

Port: 160^2in. (160 square inches)

Tuning: 28HZ

Port Length: 40in. long (39.59416767123559)

I'm gettin roughly 44.55 inches long.

mivtCK.png

find the torres calculator and download it. its an awesome program and is easy to use. best part is, if you have a problem with it, ask the guy that developed it! lol

them plug and play bro. make some dimensions up and keep making them longer and shorter and wider, eventually you will find a size that matched the tune (hz) you want to get. and thats your port size. or use a port calc, and plug it into the torres calc and see if they match, cuz thats all any of us will do is put all your info into that calculator. its impossible to just know hoe big your port should be off the top of our head lol pretty much anyone that will comment is using that calculator, if not most, then everyone

tricky thing with boxes (which is why i have desired net/gross volume boxes) is that if you have a set port surface area, then adding port length to the current box will decrease volume, which will increase the port area per foot, which will increase tuning. so to lower tuning, you add length, which increases port volume, decreasing box volume...etc lol. so i see what you mean. but as long as you know how it all interacts, it's basically what volume/tuning you want and what equipment you have.

setting the desired net/gross volume maintains that volume regardless of dimensions. helps for tuning if you NEED a certain volume, that way you aren't constantly changing dimensions to get your set volume.

and that is correct. with your port dimensions to get 160 sq inches, port volume is about 5 cubes just to get a tuning of just under 40 hz. with a net volume of 10 cubes. so a gross volume of 15 cubes is needed

and that is correct. with your port dimensions to get 160 sq inches, port volume is about 5 cubes just to get a tuning of just under 40 hz. with a net volume of 10 cubes. so a gross volume of 15 cubes is needed

Well that's bad, because I'm trying to get 28HZ.

Edited by Jeremy1998