replacing trunk springs with actuators

so i've been wanting to replace the springs in the trunk with actuators

i seen this a while ago on the net and cant find it again.... i already got the actuators and base idea of what to do i just want to see what others here have done or have seen

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Do you mean electrically controlled or just compressed gas?

compressed gas

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

there was another thread on this recently...

other thread

but like I said on the bottom of that thread, I think my idea would work in theory, you would just have to work around the trunk seal and make sure it didnt move. other than that, I dont see why it wouldnt be possible. :pardon:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

found the site i was looking at before

the link to tutorial

this is actually the site i found that on but it isnt working for me with the pictures

do the pics work for anyone on this site?

Another helpfull site

http://www.google.ca/#sclient=psy&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=trunk+torsion+bars+with+gas+springs&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&psj=1&fp=825210affd154cf0

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build