Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm thinking about getting my windows tinted in my 2002 GTI and here in NC the laws state that I can't go below 35% tint level. In my opinion, 35% just looks like a dirty/smoggy window and is pretty ugly. I want to go below 35% say to 20%, but no lower than that. I'm wondering if I will have any major problems and how much tickets are generally. Also how much does it cost to get it removed (and replaced) if I get a ticket. Thanks.

Current Setup:

VW GTI 1.8T '02

1 15" Fi BTL

Sundown SAZ-1500D

Box-4.3 cubes

Posted

20 is perfect, i have 5% on the teg. tickets are gonna be different depending how many times it is and where. i gotten one at $150. did take the tint off but re did it myself. usually shops will charge around $160-$200 to tint most vehicles.

Posted

I would suggest 20% on the backs and 35% on the front. You most likely won't notice a difference and it should still look good. Is the law 35% all around or just the fronts?

Posted

I would suggest 20% on the backs and 35% on the front. You most likely won't notice a difference and it should still look good. Is the law 35% all around or just the fronts?

just fronts i believe. I have limo on my back window and never get get hassled by it.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Posted

I think it's 35% all around since it's not an SUV. I would get the same all around no matter what though, but I'm getting black rims with a red lip and the exhaust on my car is pretty loud and cops might be a little more peeved by that..plus I usually have my music up loud which is also another thing.

Current Setup:

VW GTI 1.8T '02

1 15" Fi BTL

Sundown SAZ-1500D

Box-4.3 cubes

Posted

I would suggest 20% on the backs and 35% on the front. You most likely won't notice a difference and it should still look good. Is the law 35% all around or just the fronts?

Posted

dont forget the eyebrow across the top of the windsheild it will help darkin the inside of the car.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 1 Anonymous, 6202 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...