I have a 97 Honda accord, it has a sohc f22 non vtec engine in it, and it's an auto. but recently it blew a head gasket, and now the tranny is acting up.. I was wondering a about maybe putting a newer k24 in in and a 6 speed, or maybe a h22 from a prelude. Any ideas? I've also heard the h series engines bolt up to the f series engines with no problem, so maybe a h22 and automatic?

i'd just go with the f23a1, its a motor designed for the car (mounts and such) if you want a little more then go with a b series.. but if you have the money, time and skill, then go for the k24/k20. f series motors are out of my league though lol i only specialize in d and b series as of right now. haha but if you need any help with anything theres a few of us honda guys on this forum that know their stuff.

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

Thanks for the suggestions, the only reason I'm going for the k swap is because it's a brand new engine. The k24 that I can swap makes only 160 hp, but I could easily make 200 with minor modifications. And I'm sure a k24 with around 40,000 miles runs way better then a semi blown sohc f22 with 300,000+

Thanks for the suggestions, the only reason I'm going for the k swap is because it's a brand new engine. The k24 that I can swap makes only 160 hp, but I could easily make 200 with minor modifications. And I'm sure a k24 with around 40,000 miles runs way better then a semi blown sohc f22 with 300,000+

but your going to be paying out the ass for it lol why not just buy a d series motor and boost it, i have a d16y8 and i just bought a 20g turbo yesterday. so when its all said and done i should be making around 210 on the stock motor and 8-10 psi, and in the spring i'll be building the bottom end and have roughly 300 whp on low boost. while still getting 30 mpg : )

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

K24 from a newer accord would not be expensive. You should look into that if you want the K.

There should be a shit-ton of info on the web that will help you out.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified