Sundown Audio

orion 250hcca ?

steveb

60 amp fuse on the amp?

Its a 60a inline fuse, its only running 4 gauge wire also. Maybe there is something wrong with the amp or woofer. It just seemed that base wasnt as good as i thought it should have been at .5ohms and the meter on the cap was dropping 3-4V at times then the fuse blew. Thats why i thought the amp was drawing to much. What test should i do to verify they are both in good shape?

Steve

get an anl fuse not the barrel fuse they are better and u can get a higher amp fuse in there. the 60 amp fuses usually blow fairly easily on any amp even u 4 channel in full range

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719

btw just sell me the amps ill tell u if theyre good lol or like i was saying if u want/need any other equiptment let me know maybe we can work out a trade for em. i had 2 2100s and 2 225s in my car in 98 and the car got stolen 3 weeks after it was completed. i shoulda bought more but instead picked up a big truck with the money. dumb me. i have friends/family/dealers for almost anything so just let me know

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719

btw just sell me the amps ill tell u if theyre good lol or like i was saying if u want/need any other equiptment let me know maybe we can work out a trade for em. i had 2 2100s and 2 225s in my car in 98 and the car got stolen 3 weeks after it was completed. i shoulda bought more but instead picked up a big truck with the money. dumb me. i have friends/family/dealers for almost anything so just let me know

Once i figure out whats wrong then I'll decide what amps work best in my set up and then I'll sell the rest. I'll keep you informed. Any idea on what could be wrong? Thanks

Steve

I wired it up to .5 and it still seems like something is wrong. It also popped another 60a fuse. I wired it up for 2oms and the audiopipe will be here monday. If i have the same problem then i'll start to figure out what to do with the sub.

Steve

What you have to understand is the fuse is rated for a specific amount of current. Current isn't just determined by resistance. Wiring down to .5 ohm to pull out 1000 watts isn't any different (in essence) than an amp doing the same power at 2 ohms. Get the new amp, plug it in, and you're still going to pop fuses....because 60 amp fuse is too small for the power you're trying to pull.

4 gauge and a 150 should do you justice.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

do not trade that great orion for an AP

that orion will be louder sound better and last longer

it was made in the us and has the best parts you could get will take .5 like nothing

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

What you have to understand is the fuse is rated for a specific amount of current. Current isn't just determined by resistance. Wiring down to .5 ohm to pull out 1000 watts isn't any different (in essence) than an amp doing the same power at 2 ohms. Get the new amp, plug it in, and you're still going to pop fuses....because 60 amp fuse is too small for the power you're trying to pull.

4 gauge and a 150 should do you justice.

That make sense to me. Will running the 60a fuse hold back the power of the amp? If not them i'm leaning toward a problem with the sub. I'll pick up a 150a today and try it out. Quick question i have the amp wired in mono and i cant hear a difference when the mono button is pressed or not. There is a obvious difference when the eq button is pressed. Thanks for the info guys.

PS i have no intention of trading the Orion for anything at this point.

Steve

Archived