Sonic Electronix

Hey guys,

I need your help. About 6 months ago, I installed some JBL power series components in my car, on a 4-channel JBL amp. I set the gain relatively low for those speakers (less than half) I went 6 months with no problems, until recently. The left side will be playing normally, crisp and clear and then starts to crackle all the sudden. If I turn off and back on the head unit, the problem will then stop, but then usually I'll turn the sound up a bit and it will eventually start crackling again after a short time of playback...any idea what is going on?!? Could it be that the tweeters are blown? It has been quite cold here (in Canada) for about a month now, but I don't think that should have a big effect...thanks in advance for your help!!!

Edited by BboyTaktix

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

seriously...nobody? bump for some help. This evening I drove back from my dads place, kept the volume a little less than half and I didn't get the problem...WTF could this be?

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

give more then a day for people to look god damn

well...generally, on other forums (car or audio) I get quite a few responses within a few hours, or I will respond to similar questions within a few hours...

and thanks, I will start by checking the RCA's.

It's winter here, lots of snow, cold as hell outside, and no indoor space to work on my car. Kinda sucks. Bad timing for this I guess...

Edited by BboyTaktix

Bump for some more ideas? In Florida for the week so wont be able to check anything until I get to Canada again.

Yeah check your connections inside the door panels, where your speaker connections are. IS your amp getting hot, or could your amp be straining for extra power? My amp used to get hot and do that.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

Yeah check your connections inside the door panels, where your speaker connections are. IS your amp getting hot, or could your amp be straining for extra power? My amp used to get hot and do that.

I doubt the amp is getting that hot...it's winter here and so it is generally very cold, so overheating should be the last issue. Also, it's only happening to the right side, front speaker tweeter...I'm going to have to open up the door panel and check the connection, but when I installed it, I connected it real good and taped around the connections with electrical tape to make sure it would stay. I'll also check my RCA's. I'm REALLY hoping it's just a connection issue or something simple like that. When I get back from FL, I'll investigate further.

The good thing is that it DOES sound like a connection issue, the only bad part about that is having to go threw and check all your connections. I had this problem too, I just went threw all my connections on that side. I never actually found where the bad connection was but after going threw them all it sounded fine afterwords.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I took out the head unit today (freaking cold weather, had to run my car with high heat the whole time) and checked all the connections...they all seemed legit. I taped the RCA connections to make sure as well. I also switched the rear and front RCA's to see if perhaps it was the RCA cables or head unit, but still, the front components were fucking up. Now I'm sad...this is the worst time for this to happen. I assume it is something in the doors or the wiring, but why the hell would it work so damn long and then crap out? Is it the speakers...or the amp's front channel? So annoyed...

sometimes the left tweeter will get distorted, sometimes it will be the right one. it just doesnt make much sense, and usually happens after a little while, or after I crank it for a short period of time.