Sonic Electronix

Dual Batteries help to understand

i would have to agree with the other post about running both batteries to the back, most new cars have then in the back (under the back seat or in the trunk by the spare tire) so you would have no problem with doing that. just keep the stock battery and when you are ready to sell the car then take out your system and put the battery back in....

Or instead of trying be smart about it, you could actually be SMART about it. The question was placed in the general audio section, so I highly doubt you're going to a panel of judges to answer your every whim.

A forum is just that...a forum. And although there is a wealth of knowledge, just looking around is not going to be enough.

Even i dont know a very plausible answer to your question off the top of my head, and would think a question like this would better be answered by a person specializing in charging systems and batteries.

Hey.

Why not email someone like nate from XS?

not to start shit here but why give the guy a hard time? i mean, giving him shit over a question you dont even know the answer to... come on. and its a damn good question. i like to think i know a good deal about audio and the charging system but i couldnt answer this one lol. so i kept quiet until some one gave a good answer. its really not a hard thing to do :pardon:

no worries, no shit starting, and i do see where youre coming from.

but what i was trying to say was in response to his post about never getting a proper answer and then the forum should be a panel of judges to answer the technical questions. maybe i overreacted and the response came off more harsh than intended. i just thought if he had a more technical, difficult question he should place his question in a section equipped with people more experienced to handling his question.

:drinks:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I have done mad research but I need more. I need a forum to go to that has a bunch of experts on a panel answering questions. No one can ever answer the really technical questions.

Facetious. Didn't mean to start anything.

Edited by Moley

Or instead of trying be smart about it, you could actually be SMART about it. The question was placed in the general audio section, so I highly doubt you're going to a panel of judges to answer your every whim.

A forum is just that...a forum. And although there is a wealth of knowledge, just looking around is not going to be enough.

Even i dont know a very plausible answer to your question off the top of my head, and would think a question like this would better be answered by a person specializing in charging systems and batteries.

Hey.

Why not email someone like nate from XS?

not to start shit here but why give the guy a hard time? i mean, giving him shit over a question you dont even know the answer to... come on. and its a damn good question. i like to think i know a good deal about audio and the charging system but i couldnt answer this one lol. so i kept quiet until some one gave a good answer. its really not a hard thing to do :pardon:

Thanks for your support. Glad you liked the question. It's a thinker.

but what i was trying to say was in response to his post about never getting a proper answer and then the forum should be a panel of judges to answer the technical questions. maybe i overreacted and the response came off more harsh than intended. i just thought if he had a more technical, difficult question he should place his question in a section equipped with people more experienced to handling his question.

No worries is right. It's all good. Where should I have posted though? I don't see a technical catagory. Got a link?

Like you've been told, mixing the wet cell with the dry could cause problems. But, I have a tahoe with a 454, and under the hood I have a wet cell and a dry. I've had it like that for a little over 6 months, and haven't had any problems. Now don't get me wrong, if I do get stranded, of end up with fucked up batteries, I won't be pissed, b/c I know its my fault, but I did it b/c my dry cell was taking too long to charge, so I just hooked up a fully charged wet cell to get me where I was going, and I just left it in. But I will have all dry cells when I get to working on electrical in my current build. If I was you, I would just mod the battery tray to hold what you want. If you absolutely can't cut, I wouldn't suggest wasting money on a small battery in the front. Just go with two good sized ones in the back, parallel them up, hook one to your alt, etc, and the other to your system. When you get ready to sell, just throw a stock one back under the hood.

mivtCK.png

or you could just run 2 batts in the back.....alot of newer cars dont have any battery up front just 1 in the back ..... i know for a fact chevy coblats do cuz i had to work on one today ans i was like where the fuck is the battery

i would have to agree with the other post about running both batteries to the back, most new cars have then in the back (under the back seat or in the trunk by the spare tire) so you would have no problem with doing that. just keep the stock battery and when you are ready to sell the car then take out your system and put the battery back in....

I agree somewhat. I will still utilize the stock battery spot under the hood. I havent quite decided yet but I will either keep the stock battery in place and run and small agm in the back or put a small agm in place of stock and a bigger agm in the back. The first option is way cheaper and according to Boon shouldn't be that bad but the second option is probably the right way to go.

Edited by Moley

No worries is right. It's all good. Where should I have posted though? I don't see a technical catagory. Got a link?

not so much more a specific area for the question, but i would have placed the question in the electrical section. and then sent an email to nate from XS. hes always been there when ive had serious questions on my charging systems and battery supply.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?