Sonic Electronix

Im about to start on a 96 dime longbed and have a few ideas about audio. I plan on bagging truck so using the whole bed will be out of the question but I believe I'll be able to get about 10-12 cubes to work with. anyways I have a few ideas. I was thinking of doing 10-12 10s depending on the space tuned to about 35hz. I just can't figure out a particular sub...at the moment I'm thinking memphis pr series if I can find them, jl audio w1v2s or dc lvl 3's(depending on price). I really want to have a good musical setup that can achieve mid 40s. any opinions? I know the lvl 3s will take the most power but if the jls or memphis could do 40s I may try them..opinions?

Well, it depends on the amount of money you want to spent, you´re going with 10-12 subs because of the wow factor?? with that amount of space, i would go with 4 15´s , way easier and cheaper my man!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

true..kinda for the wow factor lol...but then again I have to measure out the space that ill have to work with...if I could do 4 15s i know that would be way less expensive for the same results. hell if I could get 2 10s to do a 150 and hair tricks I'd way rather do that but that seems extremely far fetched unless I had a crazy amount of power

What is SQL? Define it if you would..

SQL is a system that'll play from 20hz-4000+hz and sound good on every frequency. The system also needs to be LOUD.

SQL generally has subs, dedicated midbass speaker(s), midranges, and tweeters.

Steve and Trippis systems would be classified as SQL

Edit: didn't make sense before

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

What is SQL? Define it if you would.....

What's your budget? For wanting 10 12"s and only expecting a 140 your goals are slightly off.

not really sure what i kind of numbers I could get with that many subs and cone area...I never had 10s...I started with a crv 15 sealed and now have 2 18s in a 4th order...hell I don't even know how loud 140 is...I know what 148+ sounds like though lol

What is SQL? Define it if you would.....

What's your budget? For wanting 10 12"s and only expecting a 140 your goals are slightly off.

not really sure what i kind of numbers I could get with that many subs and cone area...I never had 10s...I started with a crv 15 sealed and now have 2 18s in a 4th order...hell I don't even know how loud 140 is...I know what 148+ sounds like though lol

Truth be told, you do not know what it sounds like. 148db can sound like 100 different things depending on the vehicle, the frequency it peaks at, and enclosure used.

And with the "SQL". Sound quality is about bringing a lifelike staging to the car with a well balanced sound. Steve's Tahoe can be nothing close to this with the wide area that his mids/highs are mounted, it would be impossible to get them to sound as if they are staging on the dash.

So what I think you want is just a very loud frontstage/substage that doesn't sound like crap. Am I right?

i had 3 DD´s 1510 and 2800 clamped watts doing 147.8 dbs in my swift on a daily box , thorshammer hit a 151 with a pair of 10´s in a trunk car, so i say don´t subestimate 10" subs ;)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

i had 3 DD´s 1510 and 2800 clamped watts doing 147.8 dbs in my swift on a daily box , thorshammer hit a 151 with a pair of 10´s in a trunk car, so i say don´t subestimate 10" subs ;)

but doesn't thor have a huge amount of power going to his subs? to be honest I haven't heard many setups with 10s and the 1s I have they weren't overpowering...thats why I have no clue what a 10 can do