original wood is not birch, looks like 5-7 ply plywood. That will NOT be close to strong enough. Box should be 2x thick everywhere and triple baffle with bracing.

Also try to avoid just throwing a ton of random bracing inside the box as that will eat up volume and disrupt the air flow.

I've built a LOT of walls in the last few years and have learned some things along the way.

Just offering advice as I'd hate to see you not happy with the final results as I know how much time/money builds like this can be. Should slam when it's done, GL with the rest of the build :good:

Hum really? I was told it was birch, 3/4 inch. So what if i don't double stack it? I have been arguing with my build partner about the fact that we need to double stack at least. I was planning on putting another layer of MDF on the baffle. The bracing won't be random, trust me on that at least. We have a plan and it will all strengthen with every piece. We also were already planning on putting fiberglass in the whole box, not just the cracks. I really do appreciate the advice and i am taking it all in. What do you think? I will make sure he reads what you said to see what he thinks about it. I never really thought it was going to be strong enough honestly. Thanks for looking out for me man.

Nice on getting the DC alt as they're VERY strong at idle. Pretty much my entire team runs them and we've had very good luck with them.

Yeah i am pretty excited haha

LOL street racer haha. and yeah he bought my 250a xp. iiirc 190 a at idle 290 @ 2.3krpm. more than enough. I suggest some steel threaded rod too. I'd try for inch thick and use some of that for bracing. fiberglass the inside as well. nothing would suck more that. to cheat yourself on bracing and those dcs plow their way through the box LOL. also gotta talk to you about the damplifier too

For sure dude! So instead of wood for bracing you think that i should use threaded rod for bracing? Haha yeah, i am actually really scared to ruin my subs, that would really suck. Like Derek said, i ordered 50 sq of rattle trap and i plan on doing my floor. Probably/maybe my roof.

So the pictures, they are on my girl friends computer at her house. So... I guess i will get those uploaded tomorrow.

(he doesnt know what me and alt did in our freetime ;) ) hehe. Yeah man, it looks GREAT! glad you got the alt in!

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

looks great mane im tuned in! :popcorn:

Thanks man!The FatMat comes in next week so that's when i will be laying that stuff down! Probably the roof also, and the doors if i have any left.

carpet looks real nice man!

i have that same battery charger too ;)

P.S. (im glad you took my advice and bought alex's alt. its soooo sexy)

:drinks:

Yeah, thanks to my girlfriend, she did a great job on the carpets! Haha, pretty good battery charger! I'm glad i took your advice on it also! Thanks for letting me know! :drinks:

(he doesnt know what me and alt did in our freetime ;) ) hehe. Yeah man, it looks GREAT! glad you got the alt in!

Haha nasty, thanks though. Sucks not being able to drive your daily driver lol!

Archived