Sundown Audio

so im thinking about redoing my setup a little and cramming 3 10's in the saturn... what would it take to make my sa12's into sa10's... i believe it has been stated that the motors are the same? but a cooling ring was added after my woofers were made i think... im guessing i just need baskets and recones and perhaps the new cooling rings... as if it was necessary in the first place..lol :pardon:

basically the idea is to recone them to 10's and just buy another sa10.... and ill just toss the aq2200d on them at .66ohms... oh that reminds me... is 1.25cuft per woofer the smallest you would go enclosure wise or would a bit smaller be alright? im actually going to be tuning to around 36hz this time.... 32hz is sweet for shaking shit... but im ready to achieve the 150db mark... 145+ just isnt enough anymore

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

I love how my posts go ignored..lol

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

bump for jacob

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

bump

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

so im thinking about redoing my setup a little and cramming 3 10's in the saturn... what would it take to make my sa12's into sa10's... i believe it has been stated that the motors are the same? but a cooling ring was added after my woofers were made i think... im guessing i just need baskets and recones and perhaps the new cooling rings... as if it was necessary in the first place..lol :pardon:

basically the idea is to recone them to 10's and just buy another sa10.... and ill just toss the aq2200d on them at .66ohms... oh that reminds me... is 1.25cuft per woofer the smallest you would go enclosure wise or would a bit smaller be alright? im actually going to be tuning to around 36hz this time.... 32hz is sweet for shaking shit... but im ready to achieve the 150db mark... 145+ just isnt enough anymore

They can be made into 10s -- currently the new rings aren't yet in stock as parts. They would have the old ring + vented frame.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

They can be made into 10s -- currently the new rings aren't yet in stock as parts. They would have the old ring + vented frame.

thanks Jacob... so to actually make them match im guessing i would have to get another old sa-12 motor? also, did the recones change at all when you upgraded to the new cooling ring? or is it identical in size, just machined differently?

to the other guys... sometimes when you are unsure of things its good to ask... it would be much better to dive balls deep in something and know what im doing... rather than ruining something because i didnt learn about it and ask questions... its one of those "measure twice, cut once" type of things

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.