Sonic Electronix

alright well im in the process of rebuilding and my subs arnt gonna be here for about a week i thought they would be here sooner but oh well .....anyways so instead of riding around with NO MUSIC AT ALL(i went without any radio no door speakers nothing! for about 4 days and i couldnt take it!) so since my back seat was already out any the car was tore apart so i just cut a platform out of mdf and put my old box in on top of that in place of my backseat(so i can still work in the trunk and have some music while driving)

i put the box the same way as it was in my trunk all 4 12s facing up, my problem is that it seems about 1/2 as loud as it was in my trunk.

why would it be quieter in the cabin of the car? is it because its taking longer for the sound waves to hit against something? in my trunk the waves had to go about 6 inches and now they have to go about 30 or 40 inches until they can make contact with something. could that be way it doesnt seem as loud?

also when it was in my trunk the windshield would flex and no it doesnt even move really, my alarm antenna does hit against the window like it did...........so i know its just not in my head lol

what way would u guys think it would get loudest?

facing the back window(like a wall)

or facing forward wall?

or facing it to driver or passenger side

im not gonna go thru and seal it all off or anything because its only gonna be like that for about a week or so

thanks guys

Edited by zachfowler222

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

because it doesn't have room to breath

back seat boxes tend to suck

im not saying your wrong at all but how would it not have room to breath its the same box as the trunk and has move space for air to flow above it and all around it in my trunk the side were about 2 inches from the box and 6 inches from the top of the trunk and now its about 30 to 40 inches from the roof and there is about 5 inches on boh sides of the box

it's much closer to your ears, no time for waves to mature, so they bounce back sooner and cancel out because one set is 180 out of phase. also in the trunk you have stuff to load off of, in the back seat you don't

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

it's much closer to your ears, no time for waves to mature, so they bounce back sooner and cancel out because one set is 180 out of phase. also in the trunk you have stuff to load off of, in the back seat you don't

ohhhhh thanks for clearing that up sorry i didnt understand at first but is there any way to make it better at all? like maybe facing the box a different way or something?

maturity of sound waves....

Acoustics are mind blowing, i dont get it still but i tend not to question it.

Y are my 2 15's 4 db louder than my 4 walled of twice the power? because i suck at life, or cabin space etc.

Edited by mxman38

thanks guys

now this is making me think my next build is gonna be shitty cuz im planning to have the box sealed off from the trunk and port thru the rear deck, or would since the port is firing right into the back window it would be pretty good?

im gonna fire off the driver wheel well in mine with an 8" aero. Never side fired before, but in a bare metal trunk with 4 10's im expecting some nice bass :P

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.