my wifes sister kicked the bucket.....

after reading every comment all i can say is wow

yeah, i should have titled it "the lets bitch about drugs and diabetes thread".

yea, everyone has there ideas on shit and then it always starts into a argument :)

mJzD9.png

disclaimer - i apologize ahead of time if i seem a little too cold towards the situation, i dont mean to be.

so heres the deal. this story is an archetype example of bad parenting and a failed legal system.

my wife has (had) 2 sisters. one is very smart, and is doing good things with her life. this is the sister i have alot of respect for. however, the other sister is (was) a real piece of shit. you know what i mean, one of these people who is just a real piece of work.

the sister in question here, died last night. lets get some history here. the dead sister has a long history of stupid shit. she has had i think 4 abortions, 2 miscarriages, and has (had) one child who is 2 years old and was born addicted to drugs, who she only went full term with because she needed a new fashion accessory, this being the child. she got into drugs several years ago. over the last 3 years, she has gotten 5 dui's, stolen 2 cars, totalled 3 cars, tried to kill herself by running her car into a tree, ran from the law, signed away her rights to her child, been legally forbidden from having any involvement at all with her child, been in re-hab 4 times, and been arrested countless times for drugs. momma has always been there to get her out of everything, and the judge has always been there to let her go "for having such a hard life". her mother was addicted to helping her, and also addicted to the attention of having a child who was always in the news. this sister, about 6 months ago, had to be bailed out of 2 different jails in the same day. she also prostituted herself for drugs every day.

last night she left rehab and decided to go hook up with some of her drug buddies. she got her fix, passed out, then they couldnt wake her up this morning.

i do not feel sorry for her. i do not feel sorry for the mother. i do not feel sorry for any of the drug buddies. the only people i feel sorry for are the child, my wife, the remaining sister, and the step father. my wife called me this morning flipping out when she got the news, all i could say was "well, im surprised it took this long". ive been 100% prepared for this for 2 1/2 years.

i came home from work and drove my wife to her mothers house, and i had to leave when they started getting all religious and talking about how god is so merciful, and works in mysterious ways and all this other flat out bullshit. merciful my ass. you would think that if an all powerful being were loving and merciful, then there would have been some divine intervention going on, wouldnt you?

now my wife feels guilty. we havent had anything to do with this sister ever since she grabbed a knife at christmas dinner 3 years ago, and then jumped over the table and tried to kill her (my wife). my wife thinks that by not talking to her she has somehow contributed to this.

so i will now bring this stupid little post to an end. this is what you get when you have a fucked up mother enabling a child to do all of this, and then bailing her out every time something goes wrong. this is also just as much to blame on our legal system, for not putting their foot down on her years ago, and always letting her go because she had a "rough life". the dead sister was 18 years old.

half ass correctional system + mother of the year = this.

Sad story... I can understand why you feel the way you do... Its sad that noone stepped in before it was too late... We are the only ones to blame for our own screw ups and mistakes... Its really sad that not a single outsider took the time to do anything to try and prevent it or lead her in the right direction (dont take that the wrong way... she made the mistakes.. she made the choices... she paid the price) The legal system failed... Parenting failed... Sad.

As far as "divine intervention" goes... I dont intend to start any arguments or this is wrong that is right stuff... I'm a Christian.. with that being said, we make the choices and have to live with the outcome of it... However... I would say that now her child has a better chance of having a good life... A better chance of making the right choices... and a chance to help others in the future who may have problems like the child's mother did.. that in itself could be considered divine intervention if you really think about it...

Wow... 18yrs old... her life hadnt even really started yet...

I'm sorry that you and your family had to go through it however... and I dont intend to offend you by saying this... but I'll pray for the situation your family is in along with her child and I hope everything works out for you guys.

Good luck with everything man

-Chris

03' Black Z71 Tahoe
3" Lift / 315/70/R17 Goodyear Duratracs
Eclipse AVN6620 Touchscreen Head Unit
Hifonics BRX3016 - 3krms @ 1ohm
2 RE Auido SX 18s - 14.5^3ft net @ 30hz w/ 200^2in. port
120hp Cummins 4bta Swap

the other sister is (was) a real piece of shit.

the sister in question here, died last night.

i do not feel sorry for her. i do not feel sorry for the mother.

this is what you get when you have a fucked up mother enabling a child to do all of this, and then bailing her out every time something goes wrong.

]the dead sister was 18 years old.

Why call a dead person a "piece of shit"?

The mother shouldn't have done must of the things she did, but it does show she cared about her daughter. If she didn't care, she wouldn't have done any shit at all.

This chick most likely didn't have control over her life, she tries drugs for the first time, then that's when the drugs take over her life.

I'm still shocked at how cold you are about this. Your wife sure seems upset, you could at least have a bit of empathy towards this sister of hers.

RIP to the sister, hope the family the best.

Can you not read or do you just hone in on one statement and then blank out the rest? He feels bad for those who are left with this pain, and had been there since day 1. Just saying, he is not calling a dead person a piece of shit (funny concept though. Guess now that hitlers dead he's not so bad a guy) he's saying she was, therefore no sadness with her passing.

He's married to the deceased's sister, obviously he loves her and loss is loss. He feels sympathy to the remaining family, just not the woman responsible for the pain. I can agree.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived