Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer terminals

could be quad coil, could be dual coil, i know that back in the day, (like 12 years ago) when i was running audiobahn i had a 12" flameQ that had a setup like this, but it only had 2 positives and 2 negatives only on one side of the sub, but it was a single voice coil sub, the other terminals on the sub were for wiring other subs in parallell, so you could keep all the nasty looking wiring in the box, and only have to run 1 set of wires out of the box to the amp. i would do some seirous research on this sub befor hooking it up. trust me, one of the worst feelings in the world is hooking a sub up wrong and frying it.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

given that from the pics, the sub only has a single set of tinsil leads, i think it's safe to assume it's not a quad coiled, add to the fact that the OP clearly states it's dual 4s...

audiobahn used to run similar terminals as well as several others, they are there purely to help you wire them in parallel, anyone who's tried to stuff 2 runs of decent sized cable into the single terminal will attest to it not being fun...

so basically you run you positive from the amp, into the positive on one side, then from the 2nd postive terminal on that side, into the opposite sides positive... then repeat for negative... at the end you should be left with 1 pos, and 1neg input on the sub empty...

this is assuming your wiring in parallel for a 2ohm load...

SMD-1.png

its not a quad. there are just extra terminals for the same connection to make it easier to wire up. instead of trying to fit two 8awg wires into one hole.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

given that from the pics, the sub only has a single set of tinsil leads, i think it's safe to assume it's not a quad

coiled, add to the fact that the OP clearly states it's dual 4s...

audiobahn used to run similar terminals as well as several others, they are there purely to help you wire them in parallel, anyone who's tried to stuff 2 runs of decent sized cable into

the single terminal will attest to it not being fun...

so basically you run you positive from the amp, into the positive on one side, then from the 2nd postive terminal on that side, into the opposite sides positive... then repeat for negative... at the end you should be left with 1

pos, and 1neg input on the sub

empty...

this is assuming your wiring in parallel for a 2ohm load...

I get it now. Those terminals confused the shit out of me for the longest time. It's good to finally understand. I am going to be wiring in parallel once I get my new amp.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........