Sonic Electronix

Need Help On Setup for Mids and Highs

Here's the deal. I've never been one to go all out on my mid drivers and tweeters. But with my new build, I'm going for sound quality. Obviously my Alpine head unit will not have enough power to push mids and highs effectively against the bass I will have. Does anyone know a good amp and speaker setup that is good on a budget? I have a Tahoe, and I am gonna be running a 5.25" mid drivers in the front doors, and a 1" tweeter in the front doors. The rear doors will have a 5.25" speaker, with the built in tweeter with it. And for the very rear, it holds two 3x6 speakers. But I doubt I will need to even have these though because of the subs being in the rear. So essentially, it will be 4 5.25" mid speakers, and two 1" tweeters. Do you think this is a good idea, or should I go with 4 tweeters, or all 6 speakers? And what kind of amp would I need to push all of this without distortion? And remember, this is on a budget. Thanks for your help. And FYI in advanced, I have done research, and I do have some ideas of what I want...this post is just to get ideas from you guys.

mivtCK.png

my opinion is two sets of components not sure what year your tahoe is but i have 6.5s in my 2000 i have components in front and rear doors ran off head unit for now but it sounds a lot better than stock but not as good as it can with an amp

head unit - pioneer DEH-P5100UB

subwoofer - nothing

speakers - powerbass components

amp - nothing

hoe.png

what is your budget? because a "budget" system for you may not be the same for me. give me a max price and ill piece something together for you.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

what is your budget? because a "budget" system for you may not be the same for me. give me a max price and ill piece something together for you.

Im looking to spend no more than 100 on each set of speakers, and a few hundred on the amp...

mivtCK.png

my opinion is two sets of components not sure what year your tahoe is but i have 6.5s in my 2000 i have components in front and rear doors ran off head unit for now but it sounds a lot better than stock but not as good as it can with an amp

My tahoe is a 1997, and I am pretty sure it take 5.25" speakers on the doors.

mivtCK.png

My tahoe is a 1997, and I am pretty sure it take 5.25" speakers on the doors.

that is very well possible i wasnt saying you were wrong just the newer ones have 6.5s and thats what i am using lol sorry if it came off wrong

head unit - pioneer DEH-P5100UB

subwoofer - nothing

speakers - powerbass components

amp - nothing

hoe.png

Im looking to spend no more than 100 on each set of speakers, and a few hundred on the amp...

im not trying to be a dick here but if you are going for sound quality, as you said, $100 wont get you dick. image dynamics CTX are around $170 and sound great. they are the cheapest set i have personally heard that sound good enough to make me want to buy them.

but, ill look around and see what i can piece together

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.