Second Skin Audio

First Build

i just found burried in my garage today, a box i built back in the day before i had a router. this box is just like you want, except it doesnt slant. i am rebuilding the baffle this week, ill post some pics and measurements tomorrow, and you can realy tell how painfully simple these boxes are to build. it might be easier to just square it up if this is your first box build. i dont remember what this one is tuned to, ill punch it into the calc tomorrow and let you know.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

i just found burried in my garage today, a box i built back in the day before i had a router. this box is just like you want, except it doesnt slant. i am rebuilding the baffle this week, ill post some pics and measurements tomorrow, and you can realy tell how painfully simple these boxes are to build. it might be easier to just square it up if this is your first box build. i dont remember what this one is tuned to, ill punch it into the calc tomorrow and let you know.

Pictures and measurements are exactly what I want :) thanks a lot bro. And yeah I'll probably end up just making it square for the ease of it.

i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

Okay so I have been messing around and think I have figured it out for the most part...

These measurements aren't accurate, I measured my trunk but forgot a lot of measurements because it's like 10 degrees in Iowa lol. Hopefully tomorrow I will get precise measurements and will be able to design a better box.

The space behind the port is 4". That's where I'm the most confused. Don't know how wide/deep the port should be.

design1box.png

Also I didn't know what to put in the Miscellaneous section of the tuning calculator. so i just copied what anubis did lol.

design1specs.png

Edited by whosAmp
i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

How much space should I leave behind the port?
As Anubis said, the minimum distance from the rear of the enclosure to your port entrance should be the width of the port. This way, there is no airflow reduction going into the port.

The space behind the port is 4". That's where I'm the most confused. Don't know how wide/deep the port should be.
The port width and depth (height is automatically assumed since this is a slot style port), change the tuning frequency. So, depending on what you want your frequency to be is how big the port needs to be. Basically, make it as big as your design allows, as this will continue to decrease Air Speed at the Port. But, also remember, that as you continue to increase the port size, the net volume of the enclosure continues to decrease. So, you have to juggle between how much volume you want and what air speed you want. Edited by PandorasCustoms

Chris - "The Apprentice" - Pandora's Box Customs

1994 Ford Explorer - "Midnight" - 4.0L SOHC

SoundStream PCX-1000D & Kicker S12L5

Welcome to the site 'Whosamp' you should be able to find all the tools you need here to sucessfully get on your way to becoming an Audiophile over time.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌