Sonic Electronix

im just gonna remove power wire and install my 2 gauge power wire directly to the battery and run it through the firewall and back, its a 1982 chevy g20 lol 18 volt battery and like 150 amp alt the subs were beatin hard with the 14 gauge wire lol cant wait for my 2 gauge hopefully thats the issue :/

wait, you have an 18v battery powering your car...why? you have absolutely no use for one. so you had the subwoofers wired to the amp with 14 gauge, ok. i thought you had 14 gauge power wire. and what size power wire do you have now? because you will not be able to fit real 2 gauge in that amp. it has 4 gauge inputs. why dont you check to see if the amp is getting power and see if there is a signal coming out, and if there isnt, open up the amp and look for burnt things since theres no warranty.

edit: just saw your recent post. make sure the ground is crimped VERY WELL or soldered. and that it is bolted to a very very thick piece of metal that has had the paint sanded off where the terminal touches the metal.

Lol it is a 14g power wire its like half a finger nail wide and thick lol i think its the same size as my speaker wires haha,Should i call my dad and tell him to cut that power cord out lol

im just gonna remove power wire and install my 2 gauge power wire directly to the battery and run it through the firewall and back, its a 1982 chevy g20 lol 18 volt battery and like 150 amp alt the subs were beatin hard with the 14 gauge wire lol cant wait for my 2 gauge hopefully thats the issue :/

wait, you have an 18v battery powering your car...why? you have absolutely no use for one. so you had the subwoofers wired to the amp with 14 gauge, ok. i thought you had 14 gauge power wire. and what size power wire do you have now? because you will not be able to fit real 2 gauge in that amp. it has 4 gauge inputs. why dont you check to see if the amp is getting power and see if there is a signal coming out, and if there isnt, open up the amp and look for burnt things since theres no warranty.

edit: just saw your recent post. make sure the ground is crimped VERY WELL or soldered. and that it is bolted to a very very thick piece of metal that has had the paint sanded off where the terminal touches the metal.

Lol it is a 14g power wire its like half a finger nail wide and thick lol i think its the same size as my speaker wires haha,Should i call my dad and tell him to cut that power cord out lol

Tell him to disconnect it's power source ASAP!

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

dude dont even turn on the amp anymore with that small ass wire. i literally have bigger speaker wire and subwoofer speaker wire. why would you do that? you're trying to pull 100 amps through a wire that cant even support 15 amps. replace it with actual 4 gauge from knukonceptz or stinger or something. if the wire was really 2 gauge you would NOT be able to fit it in the terminal.

dude dont even turn on the amp anymore with that small ass wire. i literally have bigger speaker wire and subwoofer speaker wire. why would you do that? you're trying to pull 100 amps through a wire that cant even support 15 amps. replace it with actual 4 gauge from knukonceptz or stinger or something. if the wire was really 2 gauge you would NOT be able to fit it in the terminal.

Alright ill tell him asap, Like i said this was all installed before we bought the van, in my car i had all "2" gauge in it and it worked fine no wonder im having so many issues with this van

Alright ill tell him asap, Like i said this was all installed before we bought the van, in my car i had all "2" gauge in it and it worked fine no wonder im having so many issues with this van

just a tip, the amp still can have a problem with not outputting anything. you MAY have fucked it up permanently.

just a tip, the amp still can have a problem with not outputting anything. you MAY have fucked it up permanently.

I probably did im so stupid v.v i told him to take the power wire out asap Im on knukonceptz.com any wire recommendations for my amp i dont wanna mess anything up more than i already have, I might buy a new amp aswell while im at it just to make sure, For 2 15's class D mono would be the best right? Sorry for so many questions i appreciate all that everyone has told me so far

I probably did im so stupid v.v i told him to take the power wire out asap Im on knukonceptz.com any wire recommendations for my amp i dont wanna mess anything up more than i already have, I might buy a new amp aswell while im at it just to make sure, For 2 15's class D mono would be the best right? Sorry for so many questions i appreciate all that everyone has told me so far

the best wire is the Kolossus wire (probably spelled that wrong). if you are going to get a new amp, then look for one before you buy new wire. what kind of 15's are we talking about? model numbers please. and generally every amp that is over like 1000rms will be (99% of the time) a class d.

the best wire is the Kolossus wire (probably spelled that wrong). if you are going to get a new amp, then look for one before you buy new wire. what kind of 15's are we talking about? model numbers please. and generally every amp that is over like 1000rms will be (99% of the time) a class d.

Lol im gonna get yelled at for this i know its bad to have the subs how i do but i paid 50$ for them so if they blow they blow lol, A rockford p1 and a cadance(I just tried to find the model number but i couldnt since the subs are 4 miles from me) its orange and black with a pointy cone in the middle of the major cone if you understand lol im not good at explaining things, I can get pictures tomorrow if this threads still around in a sealed prefab box(Once everything starts working again im getting a single 15" ported box for each woofer tuned to ruffley 33hz unless thats a bad thing to do)

Archived