Sonic Electronix

i built a ported subwoofer box. on pretty much all designs i see the port wall goes strait back and the cuts to either the right or left.

on my box i made my portwall just strait back

if u were to look at my box from the top with the top off my port wall just gos strait back and ends about 5 inches from the bak wall

i hope this makes sense, anyway am i loosing any sound quality by having it like this?

aafi.jpg

ports bend to change tuning. the longer the port, the lower the tuning. your box is probably tuned either very high, or low with no port area. or a combination of no port area and tuning very high. where did you get your box from?

i built a ported subwoofer box. on pretty much all designs i see the port wall goes strait back and the cuts to either the right or left.

on my box i made my portwall just strait back

if u were to look at my box from the top with the top off my port wall just gos strait back and ends about 5 inches from the bak wall

i hope this makes sense, anyway am i loosing any sound quality by having it like this?

How wide is your port ? lets say its 3inches,you will be fine.You dont have to have the port wall bend with the box .The reason why you might see this is due to different tuning .If your port is 8inches wide,then you will have a problem.The end of the port has to be atleast 3inches or more away from the back of the box if your port is 3 inches wide.If your port is 4inches wide then it needs to be atleast 4 inches away.See what i am saying?

Member of Team 808

Member of Team North East Spl

i built my box myself. port is 3.5 wide 15.5 tall and 4 inches from my back wall. box is 17 high 32 wide 17.5 depth.

what would u guess its tuned to?

i hit low notes very well and highnotes sound like shit sometimes

aafi.jpg

i built my box myself. port is 3.5 wide 15.5 tall and 4 inches from my back wall. box is 17 high 32 wide 17.5 depth.

what would u guess its tuned to?

i hit low notes very well and highnotes sound like shit sometimes

From your dimensions, I would guess that you are tuned in the high 40's... maybe 47hz or so..

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

really?? so i could be louder?

im new to the math involved. i honestly just built a box that fits in my car. i fiber glassed the inside doubled up the baffle and made it look nice but had no clue how to tune. =/

im guna build a new box. if i keep the same dimensions, what kinda port measurments would i be looking at to get it to a good tune?

thnks a ton btw

aafi.jpg

really?? so i could be louder?

im new to the math involved. i honestly just built a box that fits in my car. i fiber glassed the inside doubled up the baffle and made it look nice but had no clue how to tune. =/

im guna build a new box. if i keep the same dimensions, what kinda port measurments would i be looking at to get it to a good tune?

thnks a ton btw

well if you lower the tuning, the high notes wont be as prominent but the lower notes will be stronger. and what kind of subwoofers are you trying to put in your car? also what car do you have. and if you lower the tuning with the same dimensions, the internal box space will be much smaller and your woofers might not like it.

your box is tuned to like 40 or higher.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

this box is for 1 15" fi bl loaded on an aq2200d

in the trunk of my 2010 impala, sub and port firing back

i KNOW this system can get louder than it is rite now. ive had it in a few dif boxes before a couple prefabs and 1 built by my dad and they were just as loud if not louder than it is now and i had a hifonics 1600d back then.

Edited by ikillsuckers
aafi.jpg