merk_master Posted January 6, 2011 Report Posted January 6, 2011 Dumb Question but can I run a Hfi 1000D amplifier on 4 gauge wire? it only has a 80 amp draw. hopeful noob
VOPA Posted January 6, 2011 Report Posted January 6, 2011 You will def be fine. If it is a n HFI1000 and your wire was really short, you would be fine with 8awg. Some will argue, but they are not using the scientific way of calculating current flow per circular mil by length method. 04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe -A few wires, half a speaker, some watts -All Black 6's -Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills. -HID'ed and LED'ed -A few performance enhancers I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry
Socky Posted January 6, 2011 Report Posted January 6, 2011 Yes, that amp has 4 guage inputs. Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell Kenwood H/U 1/0 wire, 136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily 2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's 3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz
merk_master Posted January 6, 2011 Author Report Posted January 6, 2011 Ok cool I was pretty sure I could but just wanted to be positive hopeful noob
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.