Sonic Electronix

are the subs shorting out somewhere? could be a loose speaker wire or even a single strand touching the opposite polarity.

I'll have to go check, I did check the impedance and it read fine, there was no short at the terminals, does that mean i need to check at the terminals on the subs? or should reading a normal impedance indicate that there are no shorts?

just to be totally safe, hook up ONE subwoofer (one coil at a time also if possible) to the amp at a time and see if that happens again. did you also try different rca cables since you said it doesnt happen if the rca's are unplugged?

Ok i'll give it a shot, that's gonna take a few minutes, a little dis assembly, so any more suggestions while i go do that would be great haha

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Don't hook up subs with the car on....

Check your subs if you feel the power is way over their limit.

Would it matter if the car was on? if you are saying i should hook the subs up with the car off then turn it on, i'm pretty sure i'll see the same result... the amp was on, but there was definetly no music playing. and what do u mean check the subs? they didn't blow, but they will if i continue to do it.

It's a bad idea plugging subs in while the car and amp is on...it's the equivalent of plugging something into a wall one prong at a time..it's gonna short. And do you know the subs didn't blow? Have you checked their impedance with the volt meter set in ohms? The reason it may not be putting out any sound to the subs now is because the coils could've gotten cooked and the amp goes into protect when it sees a funky ohm load.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Don't hook up subs with the car on....

Check your subs if you feel the power is way over their limit.

Would it matter if the car was on? if you are saying i should hook the subs up with the car off then turn it on, i'm pretty sure i'll see the same result... the amp was on, but there was definetly no music playing. and what do u mean check the subs? they didn't blow, but they will if i continue to do it.

It's a bad idea plugging subs in while the car and amp is on...it's the equivalent of plugging something into a wall one prong at a time..it's gonna short. And do you know the subs didn't blow? Have you checked their impedance with the volt meter set in ohms? The reason it may not be putting out any sound to the subs now is because the coils could've gotten cooked and the amp goes into protect when it sees a funky ohm load.

Ya, i checked the subs, impedance is fine, and ur saying that if i shut the car/amp off, and connect the subs, THEN turn the car and amp on, this won't happen?? seems sketchy. i'm scared to try it honestly.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Ya, i checked the subs, impedance is fine, and ur saying that if i shut the car/amp off, and connect the subs, THEN turn the car and amp on, this won't happen?? seems sketchy. i'm scared to try it honestly.

He isn't saying it will fix the problem, he is saying it could have caused the problem. Don't hook shit up when it is powered up.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Don't hook up anything when the power is on...ever...it's like asking to get shocked, break something, or start a fire.

Have car off, put in test leads, turn car on, dial in gain and settings, turn car off, remove test leads, insert speaker wire, turn car on.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

He isn't saying it will fix the problem, he is saying it could have caused the problem. Don't hook shit up when it is powered up.

If that is what caused the problem, then NOT doing it IS fixing the problem. the subs are fine, the amp is fine, so, ill ask again, if i hook the subs up, then power everything on, this WONT happen?

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Don't hook up anything when the power is on...ever...it's like asking to get shocked, break something, or start a fire.

Have car off, put in test leads, turn car on, dial in gain and settings, turn car off, remove test leads, insert speaker wire, turn car on.

Ok, I'll go try that.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

If that is what caused the problem, then NOT doing it IS fixing the problem. the subs are fine, the amp is fine, so, ill ask again, if i hook the subs up, then power everything on, this WONT happen?

maybe i don't understand your problem. you hooked your subs up to your amp while it was on and they popped. Now your amp shows nothing on the DMM.

am I missing something?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

maybe i don't understand your problem. you hooked your subs up to your amp while it was on and they popped. Now your amp shows nothing on the DMM.

am I missing something?

The amp showed nothing on the DMM when i shut the radio off, i disconnected the dmm, started to put the speaker wire in, subs slammed, touched the leads to the amp, no reading, touched speaker wires to amp, sparks and slammed, disconnected RCA, touched subs to amp, nothing. shut everything off. now i need help.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!