Sonic Electronix

please tell me my friend should just let me put his stuff in

And are we talking about 2000max or 2000rms? I hope there are some electrical upgrades

yeah theres going to be a higher output alt and a kenetic bat and he should do the big 3 but i dont think best buy does the big 3

Pretty sure we don't do the big 3.

It's all up to the installer. Some guys are pretty sweet and will do that for you if you provide the wiring.

Like I say, it's all about who's working in that install bay. Some people get lucky and get the really good guys and some customers get the installers fresh out of school and newly mecp certified.

i hear you man i think i will just take some stuff from here and just tell him he can waste his money or not

Currently in a build

2 BTL 18s

1 AQ 2200

4 Kenetic hc 600s

Pioneer AVH-P2300 (next purchase)

High output alt 150 amps

Actually, our installers at our store ROCK!

Our senior installer has been working with car audio for 15+ years. He knows a lot however best buy places restrictions on what he can do. No fiberglass or custom stuff.

Our second installer built competition systems in las vegas for a few years and has owned his own custom shop for years.

Does AK in your screen name stand for Alaska?

I've personally fixed many crappy installs done by bestbuy. Most recently had to redo a security system where the relay was run off of the dome lights. Well...guy hit the manual override on the dash turning off the dome lights...car was broken into in a theatre parking lot.

I don't think the worst of bestbuy installers, no different than someone reading a book and doing a 2 week class to work at w local shop still ripping people off.

It's his money...I'd let him waste it. You cab fix it later.

In no way does it stand for Alaska. I couldn't live up there. I hate the cold!

Feel sorry for that guy. Some stores get lucky with experienced installers and some don't.

Contact corporate about that. Let Best Buy know about things like that. If nobody speaks up then those installers stay there doing it over and over again.

Ha ha, just asking. Because I was about to say....LOL!

I hate snitching, but there's bad work in a lot of places and good work if you can find it. It is what it is. Doesn't bother me, because personally, as long as there are people screwing shit up I have business! Lol

Haha. I've heard some bad stories about installs. Had a customer come in to buy a Viper 5101 Remote start.

Another store had installed it 3 times on his vehicle. Blew out the headlights on one install and that had to be replaced.

Had it installed at our store and it was done in hours.

Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (MECP) Certified - Best Buy Autotech Certified

can he go and just get a quote and be like wtf hell no and then hell call you like heyyy budd i needs help.but then youll say f u go to wallmart ! haha

Yup. I give more quotes than sales it seems like.

Everyone just wants a price.

Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (MECP) Certified - Best Buy Autotech Certified

What is he installing?

I can give you the price right now that he would save by going with you!

2 FI ssd 10s in a sealed box

and an amp around 2000 watts

and hes getting a dd head unit with navagation and stuff so its a decent system hes going for sound quality so i assume his ssd 10s will be wire at a decent impedance

For that system this is the approx price:

Installation of subwoofer in box: (2) $20.00

Installation of a 2 channel or mono amp: $ 8 0.00

Head Unit Install w/parking break wire: $99.00

Shop Fee: $5.00

Any parts such as dash kit, wiring harness, antenna adaptor, wiring for the amp is all extra of course.

Just in install price he would save at the least $215.

Could be more but that's the prices we use at our store.

Just puting the wires in the subs they get $20 wow...

It's $9.99 I believe and since he's installing 2 10's thats around 20 bucks. I round up!

Thats easy as hell just sticking some 12 gauge into the subs. lol OF COURSE TO THE RIGHT OHM LOAD

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

And are we talking about 2000max or 2000rms? I hope there are some electrical upgrades

yeah theres going to be a higher output alt and a kenetic bat and he should do the big 3 but i dont think best buy does the big 3

Pretty sure we don't do the big 3.

It's all up to the installer. Some guys are pretty sweet and will do that for you if you provide the wiring.

Like I say, it's all about who's working in that install bay. Some people get lucky and get the really good guys and some customers get the installers fresh out of school and newly mecp certified.

i hear you man i think i will just take some stuff from here and just tell him he can waste his money or not

Just post the link to this topic on his facebook page and let him read all of this. haha

they was a guy i kno that worked at local bb and i started talking to him about systems and what knot and he said that he "tuned" his sealed box to the resonant freq of the car and i was like, okie dokie lol, i kno u can somewhat tune a sealed box with polly fill and what knot but he acted like it was a ported box or something

ive been doing home/car audio for over 10yrs and have fixed many hacked up jobs and what knot, a couple best buy did but thats ok tho

i have never seen anyone that has ran an amp kit cut the damn power wire as short as they could just to keep from haveing to tuck it away and charge $250 for a 4guage rf amp kit, install a deck, run the amp kit, and hook everything up, i told her i could get her a 0guage rf kit off the net for like $60 or so

u cant move the amp in her car at all if u wanted to, i tried to make it work for what it was but it was ok, they cut off like 5ft of extra power wire and hid it behind some panels in the back

i know a shop has to make its dues but some of these prices are outrageous, ied like to go get mecp or w/e its called certified but i aint got $10,000 to take a class

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Just because your certified doesnt mean you know alot just means you went to school to learn the shit. While other people learned off themselves by experience i would take a guy with 5 years experience before a guy that went to school for it.

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Archived