Boiler hit it on the head if u run 4/0 all u would need is 3 runs 1 off each alt. ure only gonna get 300 or so amps from the alt max, so no need to try and run more runs than what needed because u aint gonna get more that 300 or so amp if u run more wire.

Thank you...

It's always nice when people are douchebags about stuff. ^

How is anyone in here being a douchebag? People are giving WRONG info and that is BULLSHIT... If you don't know what the OP needs, don't post, its that simple... Just because you've seen people run 50 runs of 1/0 doesnt mean its the right way...

Most people who run millions of runs are competitors that usually limited on battery(s), and they gain tenth by adding more and more runs.

But for daily it isn't needed.

To the OP, I'm going to break it down for you.

Run each alt to the front battery. Then run 3 runs of positive and 3 runs of negative to your battery bank in the back... Also, I would make sure to have multiple grounds coming off your front battery to the chassis and engine block.

If I had a computer near, I'd draw a nice pretty picture for no confusion.

Whats the logic running everything through the front battery? I assume you are creating a bottleneck on the front battery. I have never understood the reasoning of doing so. Could some enlightened one explain this?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

what battery are you talking about? His front one? How are you splitting up 4 runs to 3 alternators? Or are you saying 4 runs to each alternator?

of course im talking about the front battery. thats what i said.

if its was my car, i would run 1/0 from each alt to a bus bar on the front battery. then do 2 runs of 4/0 off of that. there are other ways of doing it but that's what i would do.

Only thing is thats not enough wire to carry the max current to the rear batteries... 3 runs of 4/0AWG is though...

People give wrong info all the time, I agree. But do you have to talk to people the way you do when correcting them?

boiler can do what he wants :peepwall:

Its not about doing what I want, its about misinformation being spread like wildfire...

Boiler hit it on the head if u run 4/0 all u would need is 3 runs 1 off each alt. ure only gonna get 300 or so amps from the alt max, so no need to try and run more runs than what needed because u aint gonna get more that 300 or so amp if u run more wire.

Thank you...

It's always nice when people are douchebags about stuff. ^

How is anyone in here being a douchebag? People are giving WRONG info and that is BULLSHIT... If you don't know what the OP needs, don't post, its that simple... Just because you've seen people run 50 runs of 1/0 doesnt mean its the right way...

Most people who run millions of runs are competitors that usually limited on battery(s), and they gain tenth by adding more and more runs.

But for daily it isn't needed.

To the OP, I'm going to break it down for you.

Run each alt to the front battery. Then run 3 runs of positive and 3 runs of negative to your battery bank in the back... Also, I would make sure to have multiple grounds coming off your front battery to the chassis and engine block.

If I had a computer near, I'd draw a nice pretty picture for no confusion.

Why would you ground at multiple points?

he's talkin bout big 3 and OP dont you have a diesel so 2 batteries up front?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Nothing bottlednecked about it.

Running the alts to the front battery doesn't limit anything. You have 3 positives coming in and 3 going out.

What's your logical way of doing this then?

that all the current has to go THREW the battery n back out......

the distro ontop of the battery is what will distribute the power not the battery so like said no bottle necking

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Nothing bottlednecked about it.

Running the alts to the front battery doesn't limit anything. You have 3 positives coming in and 3 going out.

What's your logical way of doing this then?

that all the current has to go THREW the battery n back out......

the distro ontop of the battery is what will distribute the power not the battery so like said no bottle necking

I would hope he would have some type of buss bar on top of the battery for 6+ runs.

I was just trying to give the simplest easiest way.

the chart ive seen says 4/0 can take 500amps over 50'. is there another chart you are looking at?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Wow this thread blew up while I was passed out sry guys.... I worked midnights last nigh FTL

But no I do not have the diesel thats my old truck... This is all going in my 06 suburban ground pounder rebuild

I got a hell of a good deal on some wire bought a lot of it... Now regret it but he's allowing me to return it so no big deal, and thanks boiler for chiming in on this... I know after reading previous post boiler agreed that either 3(+) 4/0 or 6(+) 1/0 from the alts correct? But I didn't ever see boiler give his thoughts on the negative side of things?? Like if I need equal amounts of grounds or just a few and do more frame grounds??

*edit* and yes the big 3 has been done and then some for extra...

Remembered seeing someone posted about the big3 etc...

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

Archived