A closer look at Alan Dante's car

headshok

years ago people were sponsored big time now a days you get a little discount on your shit/at par of what company pays for product

so its not all free shit and does add up and does cost a pretty penny to get loud

loud is ugly and thats how it is

Thanks to this thread, i now know what the hell your avy is. For the longest time i had NO IDEA wtf it was. :yahoo:

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I have judged the last 2 WF and all the extreme vehicles were under my calls, I was impressed by Riprocks and Chris Norris. Theirs were 2 that stuck ahead of the rest in terms of visually appealing. It is very expensive to play above 180's I hear the stories, but don't think for a second that you can't be loud and look good. You can and its been done before. I was once told gaining 10 dB from 155-165 is like gaining .1 at 180+ So you know how much work is involved when trying to get even .1 dB to these guys.

What really bugs me is seeing these competitors work so hard and see some of the companies of the products they use, shamelessly use them for free advertising while charging them for recones, repairs etc....

-Donald Hebig1989 Blazer S10 4x4-Four Fi BTL N3 15" "Ruthless bass!"-Four pair of American Bass VFL 8", 6.5", and tweets-Sundown SAZ 1500(2550wrms=156 dB) 92+ Psychlone RTA. Fully off-road capable street build. Built for music.-----------Bringing Sound Quality to a whole new level.--------------dB Drag: Personal best 161.3 sealed up and 158+ Bass Race.USACi: -Canadian SB5 Record holder-Canadian SM 4001+ Record holder

well it's not even the initial cost it's the fact dante has to swap entire subs cause burping with that much power can demag his motors after a while

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

yeah, it's on termpro some where, even as much cooling as those motors have like 20-30 burps I think it was and the motors need to be recharged.

it was way bad on the old neo shockers, I think they got like 10-20 burps and then the scores would start dropping

I still love the subs though. and seriously how many of us are going to run the same power as dante or rip rock are?

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

riprock uses 2 subs - 4 SD 12ks

there not running anything close power wise to the others who are near the 180 db mark

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

there not running anything close power wise to the others who are near the 180 db mark

yet they still are the loudest 2 woofer vehicle in history.

Also to the demagnetizing of the woofer after 30 burps lol you realize to charge a neo magnet it takes over 1000 times more voltage than an amp/s produces right(not to mention field strength a coil can produce is too low)?

More than likely it is due to heat. DD's Neo is right next to the coil. DD Uses N48-N52H neo that degauss at 80-100 degree C approx(give or take a few).

-Donald Hebig1989 Blazer S10 4x4-Four Fi BTL N3 15" "Ruthless bass!"-Four pair of American Bass VFL 8", 6.5", and tweets-Sundown SAZ 1500(2550wrms=156 dB) 92+ Psychlone RTA. Fully off-road capable street build. Built for music.-----------Bringing Sound Quality to a whole new level.--------------dB Drag: Personal best 161.3 sealed up and 158+ Bass Race.USACi: -Canadian SB5 Record holder-Canadian SM 4001+ Record holder

Also to the demagnetizing of the woofer after 30 burps lol you realize to charge a neo magnet it takes over 1000 times more voltage than an amp/s produces right(not to mention field strength a coil can produce is too low)?

More than likely it is due to heat. DD's Neo is right next to the coil. DD Uses N48-N52H neo that degauss at 80-100 degree C approx(give or take a few).

well I meant the heat generated by the power he is using, just didn't type it out. not the voltage coming from the amps. after reading what I typed it does sound like I meant the stray current

mcintoshsigz.png

well I meant the heat generated by the power he is using, just didn't type it out. not the voltage coming from the amps. after reading what I typed it does sound like I meant the stray current

ah I kinda thought you were meaning that. why does it give a smily face shooting his own head when you type eight and a zero....80

ah I kinda thought you were meaning that. why does it give a smily face shooting his own head when you type eight and a zero....80

lol no clue, I was gonna ask what that meant but forgot. eighty must be code for kill your self or something

mcintoshsigz.png

Archived