skittlesRgood Posted January 14, 2011 Report Posted January 14, 2011 Ok, of course there are better options for more money, but what do you guys think would be my best bet on comps with a $300 budget for just comps. ID CX i hear the XXX is a killer set. mids might be a bitch to mount though, they are pretty deep. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
CaptainzPlanetz Posted January 14, 2011 Report Posted January 14, 2011 Might think of switching amps if want your speakers to sound better, I havent yet installed my new amp PPI A404, but did hook it up real quick to make sure it worked, anyways the amp I have in there now is the ZX650.4, and the PPI amp IMO just sounds alot better, but I guess SQ/SG(sound good) is a subjective thing, so it may make a difference to you it may not ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
Ford302Redneck Posted January 14, 2011 Report Posted January 14, 2011 I've heard really good things about the Pioneer Premier 720prs, but even better as active, instead passive crossover. There seems to be a million choices in what you described. I honestly wouldn't go with the Crescendo's. Sure if you wanted just a upgrade over factory, I'm sure these would be fine but that's all I can figured they good for. Basically if I was you, I'd take a trip to dyimobile.com and go reach reviews. They prolly have 5 reviews for each set your looking at. Plus 1000 more.
skittlesRgood Posted January 14, 2011 Report Posted January 14, 2011 i was going to talk about the 720prs too but i cant find it anywhere anymore. its discontinued. unless you know a place. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
finkster Posted January 14, 2011 Report Posted January 14, 2011 I've heard really good things about the Pioneer Premier 720prs, but even better as active, instead passive crossover. There seems to be a million choices in what you described. I honestly wouldn't go with the Crescendo's. Sure if you wanted just a upgrade over factory, I'm sure these would be fine but that's all I can figured they good for. Basically if I was you, I'd take a trip to dyimobile.com and go reach reviews. They prolly have 5 reviews for each set your looking at. Plus 1000 more. pretty much every set sounds better active if you know what you're doing. The XXX comps definitely do, brings the tweeters out more. I haven't heard too many comp sets to start recommending them. mine sound great but they aren't very cost effective. DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
Ford302Redneck Posted January 14, 2011 Report Posted January 14, 2011 i was going to talk about the 720prs too but i cant find it anywhere anymore. its discontinued. unless you know a place. I figured they was. I haven't kept up much on stuff in the last year or so. I almost bought a set of these 2 year§ ago when all the great reviews was around. I hear the Alpine Type X ref is also nice. There's really to many options. You could look into Hybrid Audio Tech, they have a budget set, and people rave about the brand, so I'm sure they live upto the hype.
dwaine Posted January 15, 2011 Author Report Posted January 15, 2011 So many options. Is there a big difference between the ID's I linked and the CX line? And I really don't feel like popping my doors off to see how much depth there to mount speakers in the door, pretty sure there's enough for the XXX from the size specs of the 6.5.. 05 Scion tC is the car btw..
skittlesRgood Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 well there are 2 depths you could have, stock depth and mounting ring depth. a lot of people mod scions so you may be able to find that info with a simple google search. otherwise you will need to pop the doors off. wouldnt want to get a 3" deep mid only to find it wont fit. that would piss you off come install time. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Ford302Redneck Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the XXX's but for the money, IMO there's better out there. I wish I coulda got my hands on the old XXX mids, they was XBL^2 IIRC, plus looked sexy as hell. I'm just not impressed with the new RE.. The real engineer is no longer there. Start reading reviews is best advise I can give. You know what your looking for, just have to find the right set for you.
skittlesRgood Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 nope, he left and made Fi once RE sold to us amps, lost scott and went completely overseas... its been rolling down hill. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.