Sundown Audio

Grounding The Amp

BassHead1990

When I ground my ground to the frame or by the strut bar I always manage to get a spot that gathers up moist then with in a hlf yer it gets all rusty

If you ground to the frame on like a SUV or something I've seen people spray the wire and the frame with like truck bed lining to keep that from happening.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Drill a hole,sand the paint off,nut and bolt it down .Then go under your hood and run another ground from the battery to the body .The factory ground from the battery to the body is too small .So if you dont up grade it you will basically have a 4ga ground running to a 10ga or smaller ground.

Member of Team 808

Member of Team North East Spl

This question is asked daily, you could maybe try searching the forums for the answer.

This is normally the route to go, But I knew this way would be quicker and more solid answer.

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

Drill a hole,sand the paint off,nut and bolt it down .Then go under your hood and run another ground from the battery to the body .The factory ground from the battery to the body is too small .So if you dont up grade it you will basically have a 4ga ground running to a 10ga or smaller ground.

I plan on doing the Big 3 and HO Alt with a secondary battery, but this is just to stablize the amp til then so I can run the system better.

probably going to try the strut tower and see how that goes and if it isn't enough then I'll try the main battery or drilling the hole

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"