Sonic Electronix

I've been wondering a way to wire an amp so I can hook up my 2x 12's to my computer while I'm car-less,

and I think I have stumbled upon a way to do it.

being the computer nerd that I am, I think that I can pull it off, only question is is that I'm questioning if this is a really "safe" thing to do.

THE PLAN~~~~~~~~

3x CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-1000HX 1000W power supplies Link:link to power supply

and I'm gonna wire them up in parallel to power my amp (SoundStorm (SSL) EV3000D) Link:Amp

I don't think posting the subs is necessary, but in case your wondering, !Alpine SWR-1243D! (2x)

anyone think I should take a stab at this?

or, am I gonna fry my brains out...

we should start a poll

For me I just ran the audio from my pc to a home theater receiver, then just connect your subs and speakers to the corresponding channels. Or... you could just buy the power supplies lol.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

its been done many times before. works pretty well

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

For me I just ran the audio from my pc to a home theater receiver, then just connect your subs and speakers to the corresponding channels. Or... you could just buy the power supplies lol.

already done that, it gets old. i have subs in my room taunting the FUCK out of me ;)

its been done many times before. works pretty well

at this wattage???? :o

my only concern is the heat that will build with the like 20 guage wire the PSU uses. :/

4 guage wire towers over the like 6x20 guage wire ill be getting from the PSU's, so like i said, heat is a concern

Double up the wire on EACH power supply. Like put 2 yellows(+) together on one and do 2 blacks (-) on the same one and just do it for each other power supply.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

For the price of 3 of those, you could buy a dedicated sub for the computer, be less ghetto, and still be able to use it once you get a car again and put your car equipment in.

oh and have money left over.

bad idea you got there imo.

For the price of 3 of those, you could buy a dedicated sub for the computer, be less ghetto, and still be able to use it once you get a car again and put your car equipment in.

+1000

Spending $700-odd to power a $140 amp? Hurr durr... Either just buy a computer sub or if you really want to use your car subs, get a plate amp for them.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

+1000

Spending $700-odd to power a $140 amp? Hurr durr... Either just buy a computer sub or if you really want to use your car subs, get a plate amp for them.

EDIT: Also, a lot of computer PSUs will freak out if wired in parallel. Especially if they're multi-rail ones.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!