RyanJ Posted January 13, 2011 Report Posted January 13, 2011 I was wondering, what's a good HU for around 100$ and below. Going to be put into a Honda Civic. Needs an iPod connector / AUX port. Thanks. MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
santo Posted January 13, 2011 Report Posted January 13, 2011 I was wondering, what's a good HU for around 100$ and below. Going to be put into a Honda Civic. Needs an iPod connector / AUX port. Thanks. Pioneer is always good. I have had both, the cheap and the good and i notice no difference on reliability. In my opinion, DON'T get PANASONIC buttons always mess up.
RyanJ Posted January 13, 2011 Author Report Posted January 13, 2011 I was wondering, what's a good HU for around 100$ and below. Going to be put into a Honda Civic. Needs an iPod connector / AUX port. Thanks. Pioneer is always good. I have had both, the cheap and the good and i notice no difference on reliability. In my opinion, DON'T get PANASONIC buttons always mess up. Yeah. I was looking at Pioneer. I think I mentioned one but I guess HU's have some kind of like.... Just like subs, HU has it's flaws and such. Like a HU with 1 preout is bad? Idk. MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
Emoxihax Posted January 13, 2011 Report Posted January 13, 2011 my current headunit Pioneer DEH 1100MP you can get online for like $70.00 if not cheaper. the thing is great imo 2004 Volkswagen GLI 1 10" Skar VVX ^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^
ant the ninja Posted January 13, 2011 Report Posted January 13, 2011 my current headunit Pioneer DEH 1100MP you can get online for like $70.00 if not cheaper. the thing is great imo That was my first HU, shit was solid. I recommend it. I even bought my girl one and threw it in her car. Even this one is nice, built in ipod shit, just connect it through the usb and you're all set. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1303300UB/Pioneer-DEH-3300UB.html?tp=5684 2002 Ford Explorer XLT Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's Rear Stage: ??? Two 15" Powerbass M154 Audiopipe AP15001d Pioneer DEH-P5100UB
canderton01 Posted January 13, 2011 Report Posted January 13, 2011 Pioneer is good, I've got a DEH-P7200HD, but be warned, if you plan on using it with an iOS device like an iPhone or iPod touch via USB input, you may get an "Error-19" message which means there is a connection issue. You can still use it, you just have to change sources or disconnect it for a second and that will temporarily resolve the issue. I made a thread about this a couple weeks ago and there are other users with this same issue. Pioneers are still damn good headunits, but its just a very annoying quirk. JVC makes a pretty good headunit too. I helped my friend install a cheap JVC unit from walmart a couple weeks back and he's had no issues with it at all. 2002 Camry XLE 35% tints all around 17'' Enkei FD-05 rims Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz Pioneer DEH-P7200HD AudioQue AQ1200d 4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's mids/highs - OEM JBL system AudioTechnix Deadner Big 3 upgrade My YouTube
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.