Just thought id share my paper....Nick(Chode) is in it :)

alot of the stuff is off, but it was more of a general type thing but still discriptive. yes nick your in my paper, and Ric Thorton from Pulse Car Audio is in it aswell :)

You wake up, its 7:00 am on a cold, snowy Sunday morning. You drag yourself down the stairs and hop into the shower. Get dressed, head to the garage, and begin to double check every wire in your car to get ready for today's competition. You grab your tool box, equipped with a Digital Multimeter, a wrench, screwdrivers, wire cutters, spare speaker wire, and spare zero gauge wire. You set off on a three hour drive by yourself, while you are tempted to crank the bass knob to full tilt to ease the ride. But you cannot, because if you were to, you would drain the 4 extra batteries in the trunk, thus lowering your voltage for when you do your "run".

Every so often you crank it to full tilt for a few seconds to make sure everything sounds right. Suddenly, you see your voltage meter going nuts. You know in your head immediately that you usually sit at 15.1 volts at 2000 RPM. While driving cautiously and watching your red volt meter, you notice that it begins to wobble between 13.4 volts and 13.8 volts. You immediately pull over and begin to try to solve the problem, you pull out your Digital Multimeter and begin to check the 5 battery's voltage, and all of them check out alright. Still confused, you head under the hood of the car to check your wiring there, that checks out too. Stumped, you turn your car on, and see the voltage is still wobbling. You meter the back batteries once again; they check out and are reading 14.6 with the car idle.

You finally realize the problem; your volt meter in the dash has broken. Frustrated, you throw the meter to the ground and stomp on it and hop back into the driver’s seat and stop at Pulse Car Audio, a world renowned shop and pick up a replacement volt meter. After quickly installing the new meter you are behind schedule so you book it to your destination. After an hour has passed, two bathroom breaks and a burger, you arrive at the South Beach Nationals. You find your parking spot and step out of the car, all you hear is constant bass, music, and engines.

You go and register your car, and get thrown into the 2 15" sub-woofer class. Which means you could be competing against world record holder Nick Garcia, who puts up a whopping 160.1 decibels on music. So as you wait for other competitors to begin to register, you start playing your music with the bass knob only turned up slightly, to find out when the bass line hits and when it ends. At about 12:45 the 10" sub-woofer class begins to do their first "runs" of the day. You watch from afar. You also spot Nick tuning his system, you stare him down with a death glare. He spots you out of the corner of his eye and returns the glare along with a chuckle, you smirk and begin to fine tune your own system.

Your name gets called along with a friend of yours named Ric Thorton. With luck on your part, Ric blows one of his sub woofers with 10 seconds left in the "run" out of the 30 second "run". You manage to score a 151.4 blowing Ric out of the water that had a mere 135.3. You shake his hand and pull back to your spot. Still not happy with your score you fine tune your system more. As you are in the process of this, you hear cheering from the on lookers. Curious to what had happened you walk over, you see that your rival Nick has scored a 159.8 on his run. You begin to sweat, hoping that you do not have to face him in the final round. Your second run comes and goes you move your score up to a 155.4 while the other man who you had gone against was right behind you with a 155.1. Happy that you've made it into the final round, you begin to worry that you'll have to face Nick and you’re still frustrated with your score, you know you can do better, so you begin to tinker again, hoping it will do the trick. You see that Nick also beat his competitor with a lesser score then before, so he advances to the final round with you, your adrenaline begins to pump and you begin to sweat. This is what you've been waiting for ever since you began competing, to defeat a world record holder.

Your name gets called for the final time; you begin to get nervous but don't show it. You and Nick pull up simultaneously and stare each other down. You set your iPod to the correct point in the song; you turn your volume all the way up. The judge places the meter on the windshield as you are putting all your windows up. Your tense, the crowds tense, you give the thumbs up to the judge. He begins the count down, you turn your bass knob all the way up, the judge says go in a loud voice and you hit play on your iPod instantly. You see your score rising, 145,148,152, and begins to rise, you break 160 decibels, you are holding at 160.1. out of the corner of your eye you see Nicks score is dead even with yours, there's 5 seconds left, you realize that your bass knob is not turned up all the way, you immediately reach for it turn it and the judge screams "Time!" You glance up at Nicks score first, it’s a 160.2, as you glance towards yours the crowd cheers, and you scored a 160.5 a new world record for dual 15" sub woofers. Nick races off with frustration while you begin to cheer. The judge hands you a trophy and people begin to swarm you. You are overwhelmed with happiness and achievement. As the rest of the finals are being done you decide to leave. You begin the trek home, stopping for food along the way. You arrive home and go upstairs to your room, place your new trophy on your dresser and plop down in your bed to fall asleep.

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

lmao...

thanks for the mention. I think.

"world renowned"... too funny.

and I'm trying to figure out why I was competing. :)

I'm glad you beat me in your paper... :) the only way you could... HAHAHAHAHA

seriously, cool story bro.

p.s. Gary wants to know if you are going to TRY and beat him at the next show. He said he "farts in your general direction"....lmao

It's no surprise you beat Nick- those Neos are a joke

/sarcasm

This is a very interesting story..nice job ;)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

lmao...

thanks for the mention. I think.

"world renowned"... too funny.

and I'm trying to figure out why I was competing. :)

I'm glad you beat me in your paper... :) the only way you could... HAHAHAHAHA

seriously, cool story bro.

p.s. Gary wants to know if you are going to TRY and beat him at the next show. He said he "farts in your general direction"....lmao

idk ric, your the first name that popped into my head aside from nick, figured your world renowned with the hummer and all :)

and idk gary i can try, your running a bit more power then i am :)

not sure if ill make it out on the 13th or not yet, still up in the air

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

It's no surprise you beat Nick- those Neos are a joke

/sarcasm

This is a very interesting story..nice job ;)

nicks neos are a joke bro :rofl:

and thanks man, appricate it, this whole thing legit came off the top of my head, and my girl proofread it, only took bout an hour total :)

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

good story man u had me entertained the whole time did this happen or is it for school or something?

dude id be shitting my pants if nick hit a 160 lmao hell id shit my pants if i hit a 155 lmao

its for school, its a narrative essay, alot of its exaggerated for the most part

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

good story man u had me entertained the whole time did this happen or is it for school or something?

dude id be shitting my pants if nick hit a 160 lmao hell id shit my pants if i hit a 155 lmao

its for school, its a narrative essay, alot of its exaggerated for the most part

oo shit me too lol but hey if it for school i suggest after each test score u ad the DB like 160db at the end cuz school people might not know what ull be talking bout

cowboys_logo.gif

oo shit me too lol but hey if it for school i suggest after each test score u ad the DB like 160db at the end cuz school people might not know what ull be talking bout

thanks for the tip, i might do that, ima have my teacher read over it and see what she says, i think i got the point across in the middle when the scores started rolling in, but well see

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg